HybridZ

PhotoShop Help Requested

Bartman

I don't have PhotoShop and I was wondering if one of you PhotoShop experts out there might be willing to help me out. I'm thinking of painting my car two tone black and blue and I'd like to see what it would look like. I'd greatly appreciate if someone would post up shots of this paint scheme.

I was thinking of using the body line that runs the length of the car to transitions the two colors. Like the way the red and white is done on the BRE car below. I haven't quite made up my mind if the top should be black and the sides blue or vice versa. My first thought was to have the top black and go with a carbon fiber hood (with the lip painted blue like the white lip on the hood of the BRE car). I also want the air dam to be the same color as the sides.

HC-Datsun-BRE-240.jpg

The blue I'm using is the Subaru WRX World Rally Blue Pearl that I've already shot in my engine compartment (you can see it in the link in my signature). Here's a couple of links to pic's of my car that may be a starting point.

http://home.earthlink.net/~laurieannezzz/images/frontview.JPG

http://home.earthlink.net/~laurieannezzz/images/rear.JPG

If it would work better with a different shot...just let me know.

I could probably help you...

I'll have to wait until I get home' date=' but I will help with what I can

Tell me exactly what you want done... to the dot, so I know :) When I get home, i will check what i can do[/quote']Thanks Zowner. Idea number one is to have black on the top and blue on the sides using the same body line that the BRE car uses to separate the red and white. The other idea is the same as number one, but to switch the top to blue and the sides to black.

If this could be done on images of my car that would be great. If you need a better picture to start, just let me know. If you need to start with a different (better) car, that's fine too. Here's a pic of Jason Paruta's Z that may be a better place to start than mine.

http://www.geocities.com/jasonparuta/images/zlarge01.jpg

If you start with his you can leave the blue, and just put the black on the top and change the bumpers to chrome.

I would suggest using blue on the top since you already have the engine bay painted blue. I just think that it would look better when you have your hood open. I probably would have suggested painting the top black and the sides blue if you had not painted the bay blue.
If blue on top looks better, then I will do it (even though I did paint my engine bay blue already).
there was a thread about two tone cars and the consensus was the dark cooler looks much better on the bottom but whatever floats ur boat, do you plan on using a pin strip in between the 2 colors?
I'm not sure yet, but I was thinking of a silver pin stripe between the two colors.

One of reasons to put black on the top would be to use a carbon fiber hood. I like carbon fiber hoods, but would prefer the hood to blend in a little better with the rest of the car. If black looks better on the side, then I won't go with a carbon fiber hood.

I hope this is what you are thinking... let me know if something is missing :) I hope to have the second version done tomorrow, I have too much homework to finsih tonight so this one will have to do for the moment.

SORRY for not using your vehicle. This Z was much easier to work with

remake4hk.jpg

I hope this is what you are thinking... let me know if something is missing :) I hope to have the second version done tomorrow' date=' I have too much homework to finsih tonight so this one will have to do for the moment.

SORRY for not using your vehicle. This Z was much easier to work with

[/quote']Thanks, that is pretty much what I was thinking. No problem using Jason's car to start with, I'm sure that makes it much simpler.

I haven't decided yet, but based on this I'm thinking black on blue might look better. I'm also thinking the silver pinstripe between the two colors would look really nice (Don't worry if you can't photoshop that in).

Mike,

I remember your thread, and that's one of the things that prompted me to ask for someone to Photoshop my ideas. It's hard to know if something is going to look good until you can actually see it.

ZOwner, would it be possible to see a photoshop of that exact same picture only with the centers of the wheels the same grey/black color as the body? Because honestly, the electric blue (like my old CRX (GM color, actually), click my signature link and look at the old CRX folder) and the gun metal grey are my favorite colors!

If you could, thanks man! :-D

let me find my PS cd and ill do a few for ya.. just wrx blue and black right?

mike

Thanks Mike' date=' anything that will help me pick the right paint scheme for my car is appreciated. WRX Blue and Black are the colors I'm interested in. I'm thinking the line between the two colors would be just like the BRE 240Z, but since I have the stock headlight buckets the inside of the buckets will be the same color as the side of the car. I don't have photoshop, but I played with the image that ZOwner posted for me using MSPaint.[/size']

570paint.JPG

I'm still interested in having the colors reversed with black on top and blue on the sides.

Alright... Reversed

I don't have enough time to add that pinstripe :redface:' date=' otherwise I would

[/quote']Looks Great. I'm thinking this looks better, and it would allow me to do the hood in carbon fiber as well.

Anyone else have any comments or suggestions.

Gollum,

The original Picture is at Jason's web site, and I have a link to it in one of my prior posts.

ZOwner,

The picture that we're starting with is probably too low of an angle to allow a carbon fiber pattern to show up good on the hood, but your last image still gives me a good idea of how it would look. Thanks again for taking the time to work on these images for me.

• 10 months later...

Hey yall... I was wondering if anyone could shop this car again. Except I want to go with a metallic green/black instead of blue/black. And if yall dont mind, Id like to see it done both ways, green/black and black/green. basically the same colors as a Monster energy drink. It doesnt have to be perfect, just an idea, so I can decide which way I want to go with it. Thanks guys