HybridZ

Cheaper to run 10s in civic than a mustang!

auxilary

Guest Anonymous

DAMN! auxilary broke it down! rockon.gif Got some knowledge on you there. Yeah I was about to reply to the post but I was too lazy. I agree if it was that easy everyone and their momma would have a 10 honda. Also my friend has a full race hatchback with roll cage, motor built, and blower. That thing is FAST! Of course he spent a ton of money on his car eventhough him and his team did all the work themselves. Also putting a CRV motor in a hatchback is HARD to do. There is not that much room under the hood to fit the motor. Under the hood barely even fits the h22 motor which is the prelude motor. So anyways if it is that easy KidVid I say you go spend your money on your 10 second honda and you spend only a couple of g's like you said it takes and see how far it gets you.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know who could read that article, I couldn't.

For 15k, I could build one heck of a bad ass turbo mustang. If it would hook, it would rock. The downside, I would then be one of the people I make fun of.

Nothing is finer than spanking on a Mustang who thinks he is all that.

im not into mustangs too much, you know i think to make ten seconds in any car youre gonna spend a lot of money, so much i dont think it matters what you start with, but to get nice 12-13 second cars its real easy to get that with a mustang, and youre not a good commuter in the civic. cmon now, 10 is real fast, i mean real fast.

i had a civic cx dohc before, but i remember when it had the stock motor, i would get 58 mpg, with the dohc, i got around 35, back then i was really upset if you can believe that. my 85 mr2-half a tank would get me 146 miles! half a tank is three and some odd gallons..... cry2.gif

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by RX7MAN:

come on guys i dont know where youve been civic'a are at least 11 second cars of the showroom floor

i hear the si's run 9's

:confused: Is anyone else confused by what this guy says? LOL a car out of the showroom running stock 11's and 9's fot what not even 20 g's **** if it was like that eveyone would have an si. LOL RX7MAN get you facts straight. Or maybe you were stating their 0-60 times I HOPE if not malebitchslap.gif

Originally posted by Dontrell:

quote:

Originally posted by RX7MAN:

come on guys i dont know where youve been civic'a are at least 11 second cars of the showroom floor

i hear the si's run 9's
:confused:
Is anyone else confused by what this guy says? LOL a car out of the showroom running stock 11's and 9's fot what not even 20 g's **** if it was like that eveyone would have an si. LOL RX7MAN get you facts straight. Or maybe you were stating their 0-60 times I HOPE if not
malebitchslap.gif

LOL! Of course he's being sarcastic, sometimes it's hard to tell by reading ;)

Guest Anonymous

But eventho the tranny only lasted one season, it depends on how it is driven tho. But I can understand Mustang tranny being able to last longer because it is built for it. But anyways yeah LOL those have to be 0-60 times

Guest Anonymous

Old joke, sometimes a variation is 'Found On Road Dead', the ford guys like to turn it around though and say 'First On Race Day', down here I'd probably not argue with them, theres some fast fords down here in AZ (at least last time I went to the strip down here, many stangs into the 11's and 10's.).

All in jest though, I'm just a car guy, if its fast I'm cool with it, be it a hudson or a henway... :D

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Yeah Lone, I don't deny that fords can be quick. The only thing is how often do you have to fix your engine and tweak it out or how long will it last? Oh yeah also First On Race Day to break down you can always say that! Anyways this thread is funny....

Guest 280Tom'z

FUNNY i have a big problem with honda owners that think they have the fastest cars in the world. when i had my Z wasn't a honda that could touch me. everybody has one so the tuners arn't that orignal you see the same thing over and over again and most are just show no go around here they say i run 10's or 9's we say 1/8th mi right cause thats the closest track within a 2 hour drive and all of them get real quite 10's in a honda are harder than all of them think and costs way more than a motor swap and even more if you want a sound system and more than just a drivers seat and steering wheel. why not keep a grocery getter and leave it to the cars that have to put sports car on the incurance.

Guest bang847

How many "Honda's" actaully carry a J**** VIN??

those ricers are driving domestic!!!!!

beside,how fast can a car go when it is decorated with stuffed animals? ugg.gif

I know one running a integra type r in group n rally. The transmission only lasts one season and it costs 2000-3000$ to repair it. How in the **** can it work with a big turbo. Mustangs are much cheaper just look at these junkyard turbo fords

http://www.geocities.com/windsor_302/TwinTurbo.html

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/8408/

http://users.rcn.com/davisab/

http://turbostang.tripod.com/index.htm

and the cheapest mustang i have heard of is one with a highcompression junkyard cadillac 500 mt15 cam performer intake 2.18-1.86 valves, 2" headders and 3.08 rearend running 11.1 with a 150 hp shot. http://www.powertoyz-playground.cityslide.com/contents/contents.cfm/182592 then the page is up

One of these budget engines would make a Z fly.

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by SleeperZ:

Seen it at the Supra forums :rolleyes: They truly have no respect for Hondas. Personally I have nothing against them, and I wouldn't like to see this turn into a Honda bashing thread.

Well correct me if I am wrong but supras aren't hondas right? They are Toyotas correct? SO my point is why are you saying anything about supra forums? LOL I never said I didn't have any respect for Supras. Some of them can be pretty bad ass but when you get the stupid hondas out here then it is a different story. I agree too many people have the same car e.g. hatchbacks, civics, accords, etc. and they all look the same. I am sure that there some that are 10 second cars but a lot of them are "show" which isn't all that pretty. I should know because I have been to a couple of Import Car Shows. Why? Because I go there for the Euro cars and the motorcycles. Anyways this is NOT A HONDA BASHING THREAD. We are just stating the facts for what is said. If you want to bring up Supras then that is different story. Just the thing that bugs most people is that the honda owners think that there car is the **** in their lowered ass integras and **** trying to smoke anything with four wheels. LOL I still laugh everytime I open up the thread and see the reply that RX7 guy said. SI's off the floor runs 9's LOL :D

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by auxilary:

you know what 400, 600, and 800 hp supras have in common?

12 second time slips smile.gif

Stock bottom ends? ;)

Regards,

Lone