HybridZ

Adding airconditioning to a 240Z impossible?

Guest rpmrex

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a 240Z with air conditioning. Did 240Z's ever come with air? That question shows I don't know much about 240Z's

I have cash and will go anywhere for a clean rust free 240Z with air as long as the car can be driven back to Indiana.

Anyone have such a car for sale or should I bee looking for one to add air to?

Thanks,

Rex

Email me at rpmrex@verizon.net or call me at 574-849-3106 if you have a car with air.

Hi Guys' date='

I am looking for a 240Z with air conditioning. Did 240Z's ever come with air? That question shows I don't know much about 240Z's

I have cash and will go anywhere for a clean rust free 240Z with air as long as the car can be driven back to Indiana.

Anyone have such a car for sale or should I bee looking for one to add air to?

Thanks,

Rex

Email me at rpmrex@verizon.net or call me at 574-849-3106 if you have a car with air.

Welcome to HybridZ.

Yes, you could get a 240Z with Air...but I don't think they ever worked very well. If you really want air I would recommend installing a Vintage Air or something similar.

If you search for AC or Vintage Air you will find a lot of information here.

I've never seen an 240Z with A/C. I thought that the first year as a Factory Option was 1974. MSA has a A/C add on kit for about $800 that is a lot simpler to install than Vintage Air.(And it's very similar to what the dealer put into these cars) But the Vintage kit gives a better finished product.

If you get a 74-78 Z with out A/C you can find a similar donnor car that had A/C and transplant it. That's what I'm planing to do with my 260Z.

I've never seen an 240Z with A/C. I thought that the first year as a Factory Option was 1974. MSA has a A/C add on kit for about $800 that is a lot simpler to install than Vintage Air.(And it's very similar to what the dealer put into these cars) But the Vintage kit gives a better finished product.

If you get a 74-78 Z with out A/C you can find a similar donnor car that had A/C and transplant it. That's what I'm planing to do with my 260Z.

They were available with A/C from early on, I have VIN 8215 and it has air (build date 8/70). In these cars the A/C was a dealer option.

I concur with the others, look into Vintage Air I have heard very good things about them. You may also want to check Motorsport Auto (aka: MSA) and Courtesy Nissan out of Dallas, both of these places sell an A/C kit for the early Z cars.

I hooked up a dealer add-on a/c unit to my 240Z and used a Sander Compressor and a Vintage Air Condensor and drier. The output with the stock blower motor is less then adequate in 85+ degree weather. I will be replacing the evaporator and the stock 240Z heater/defroster system with a Vintage Air unit this spring.