HybridZ

It's almost time! Half Cut or Not?

Ed260Z

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Aguyandaredhead
I'm also hoping to recover some of my cost by selling the some of the Stock Z parts that I have. Like the SU carbs ect.....

Been there done that, good idea as well...

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
I'm hoping to be able to use the stock Skyline Rad & Intercooler. The ECM will be replaced with the AEM PNP ECM eventualy' date=' but for now I will just get it re-flashed. And the turbo's will also stay stock, for now. (They should handle 15 PSI (1bar) with no real issue.)

I also want to put A/C into my car, and the half cut will have the components that I would need, with some modification.[/quote']

You gotta remember there is only so much room width wise in the S30. You can't stick a fatty wide intercooler even radiator without running into a series of headaches.

OK, so the Skyline Rad is going to be to wide to put into my Z. That sucks!! What Rad are you guys using, and did it need custom work to fit into an RB Z?

I bought a Griffin radiator that was 24" wide, and I will custom mount it. I also bought it because it was a double pass radiator which helps me run my water hoses since the return and feed lines are on the same side. I can take pictures for you later on this.

The A/Z hangs a bit on the low side' date=' did you use the 240SX version of the Griff. Rad?

Stony is that 2.5" I/C pipe your using?[/quote']

I just used a universal double pass radiator that was 24" wide x 19" tall x 3" thick with all the coolant passages on the passenger side.

Also for my intercooler, I am using a 22"x12"x3" intercooler that will let me fit the 3" intercooler piping with hood clearance.

I'm sorry I haven't updated the site much, but I will in the near future when I get some time.

Ed, give me your email again so I can shoot you some pictures.

I took the radiator out of my R32 halfcut and it will fit with minimal change in terms of width and height. It is aluminium and only very thin so will be lighter and more efficient than the original 240Z radiator. I will measure and put on the site, I still dont know how to put pictures attached to these threads can anyone tell me how?

Mike

1-2" thick with an Al. core, and plastic ends? Where did you get your Grif from, and do you remember the part #? This is the only one I can find in Summit http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=/egnsearch.asp&N=400030

That is wierd, I don't see it on the site anymore, I will look for the part number later on today.

The pics need to ber hosted on the internet first. Then you can just cut and paste them in.

I found a Front Clip from a local guy. (not an importer), but it's missing the AFMs. Will the AFMs from a Q45 plug right in, or should I get them from another US market car?