HybridZ

Raced a 5.0 with my N/A turbo Z

big-phil

With the N/A block, pistons, and head you wont be able to run boost as high as a with a turbo block, pistons, head. You will still have a very fast car. What you lose in boost you gain in low end torque. Go for the largest intercooler you can get to offset the higher compression of your engine. Race gas would be your best friend. :wink:)

I remember the first time I wasted a 94 5.0 with my old Z at 9psi, it was alot of fun.. I was holding back on the throttle cuz the car was already starting to sway to the side. As the car straightened out I got right on it. Until then we were side by side.. After that, he was history, I pulled on him HARD! Now that I'm running 15psi, I wouldn't even bother with a car like that.

Phil, I remember you telling me about your wife complaining about you taking out your perfectly good engine and having stalling problems with the turbo engine that "you didn't need in the first place" Well now that you got it running good, has she seen what it can do? Does she think any differently? LOL

every time I get on the gas, she compains about gas prices, and "why do you have to do that?" we've been maried 10 years, and I still remind her that when we were dating, she had a 90 240sx, and she would go "Weeeeeee" around corners fast, with her best friend riding shot gun, and me fighting for leg room in the back! (I'm 6'3") but I'm a 33 yr old kid, and she is a 37 yr old adult now......

But she does say that she likes it, she even drove it once---I was parked behind her, and she had to move it. ha ha ha ha!

Haha the Wife...my wife tells people that riding in my Z feels like being in a jet fighter...I don't think she's ever been in a jet fighter but she loves the Z.

My kids scream out and tell me that it's like being on a roller coster. Nothing like making your kids smile and be happy with one of your toys. :-D

Guest bastaad525
you should move from mustangs to nsx's

they are more fun to whoop on' date=' especially the comptech s/c cars[/quote']

I've 'lined up' with two NSX's at red lights but they wouldn't go... suckers!

I know I can take a stock one with little or no problem, or at least, I THINK I know... they aren't as fast as they look that much I do know. At least, not here. I have some videos from japan of a stock NSX type R running 13's in the 400km...

Anyways, nsx's are too few and far between to make them high on your list of stuff to whoop on. Look for more common stuff... WRX's are all over the place and can put up a good fight, G35's are all over the place, new mustangs as well :twisted:

I've 'lined up' with two NSX's at red lights but they wouldn't go... suckers!

I know I can take a stock one with little or no problem' date=' or at least, I THINK I know... they aren't as fast as they look that much I do know. At least, not here. I have some videos from japan of a stock NSX type R running 13's in the 400km...

Anyways, nsx's are too few and far between to make them high on your list of stuff to whoop on. Look for more common stuff... WRX's are all over the place and can put up a good fight, G35's are all over the place, new mustangs as well :twisted:[/quote']

it's rare when i find one, the two i have ran were both with the comptech s/c's on them, they are still not impressive. i walked all over one in a gsx i had {11.83 car} and ran one a couple weeks ago in my all motor 280, and ran door to door with em till 130.

not impressive in a straight line, but in the corners, look out!

• 2 weeks later...

good story. but i got to agree 5.0 are very overrated. I got a super eta 528e and i was racing my freands 5.0 mustang. he would keep saying my mustang does this, it does that no one can take me and on and on and on. well He make got a 5.0 but its not built like a bmw 6cyl. raced him from a stand still. stayed mirror to mirror. after about 50mph i started pulling away. tried it again from a 40mph roll, downshifted and i was out again. even after all that he wouldnt admit he lost. said he didnt shift right. felt great thou.....