HybridZ

Non WC T-5 Clutch Set up

BillZ260

Here's how to remember it...

A PUSH type Hydraulic slave would mount to the motor side of the bell housing.

A PULL type Slave would mount to the transmission side, behind the clutch fork.

The problem I see with this Wilwood setup is the clutch fork itself. It would have to be a fork specific to the Slave cylinder in question. You could use a T56 clutch fork, since (i believe) they are a pull type design.

Also, That Ebay unit might require a rebuild, based on the description. I'd just buy one brand new. That unit will cost you about $55-60 by the time you get it shipped, and then get the rebuild kit and have IT shipped too.

Mike

Ok, so now I need to DIG out my fork from where ever it is and check it out. compare it to a T56 fork. Decide on whether I'm using a trany mount or engine side mount for the slave. Gotcha. OOOH, also need to get up underneath the car and see what kind of clearance eh? Mock up the exhause tubes and see what's what.

Thanks mike... of to work I GO :)

I'm gonna use Phil's link, use the Toyota or a Chevy Truck Slave, and make a bracket for this... I'll have something worked up next week, and then I'm going to go ahead and finish up this puppey!

I'm pretty sure that JTR references a Slave Cylinder in their book... I'll have to dig it up!

Mike

• 1 month later...

Looks like Pete Paraska has all the answers! :)

Looking at the Tilton 61-615 and 61-601 prices are pretty comparable unless you look at summit, man they are way above the other guy's Pete mentioned.

Just one question, which master cyl size do I need to run? I ran through the tech stuff on the tilton site but didn't see a recomended size for these two pieces. Also, some sites picture a hose w/ the HTB, is that included or do I need to get one seperatly? I'll look at what length i need.

Thanks guy's i'll be ordering this stuff soon!

Actually if I had it to do over again, I'd use that Sonic bellhousing and hydraulic bearing setup. However, I ended up getting the 61-601 and 61-625. I need to install them and finish the wiring, fab up some other stuff, and get the car ready to go to paint in April.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like Pete Paraska has all the answers! :)

Looking at the Tilton 61-615 and 61-601 prices are pretty comparable unless you look at summit' date=' man they are way above the other guy's Pete mentioned.[/quote']

Be very very careful. I think either Jegs or Summit SHOWS both the adapter and the HTB in the picture when they are actually quoting only the price and part number for one of them. Is that why it seems so much cheaper? Be very careful that you are getting all the parts you think you are when you order that one part number - you're probably only getting one of them, even though the picture shows both!

That's correct... You buy the bearing and lines in the $219 price (Or whatever it is) and the replacement bearing retainer with threaded snout is another $100-130, depending on the transmission... Mine are sitting in a box in the garage right now... I'll be installing them this week.

Mike

Bill, glad you realized what I was getting at with how some of the vendors sell this stuff - I think it might be a mistake on their part, but showing both parts in the photo linked to just one of the parts is very misleading.

Yeah, Summit can be pretty expensive on some stuff. For general V8 stuff I've found CVProducts.com has a huge selection and the prices always seem competitive (and generally the same or lower than Summit and Jegs) and flatlanderracing.com is not bad for engine parts prices also. I look at Summit and Jegs for their great online catalogs, and then take the part number and go shopping :).