HybridZ

More LS1 Dyno numbers...

Went to Durham, NC yesterday for a corvetteforum get together and we got my car and my little brothers 2002 Camaro SS on the rollers.

My car has picked up some HP since I swapped the borla mufflers and Custom pipes for a bassani Xpipe and Z06 mufflers, swapping to MSD plug wires and the Exedy Hyper Single clutch kit. After adjusting the fuel map, I laid down 386/ 382 to the wheels and I'm still knocking down 27.5MPG. :2thumbs:

However, what truly impressed me was my little brothers 02. He has a magnaflow catback and a K&N filter and laid down 320HP 329#ft. torque. He then activated his 75wetshot of nitrous and the power jumped to 368/411. For those interested in the LS1 swap, I would hunt down someone with a salvage 02 F-body car and pull that drivetrain. Those cars are making serious power in stock form. Next on our list for that combo is a set of pacesetter headers, cats and Y pipe, and a custom tune by Jeff at CAM!

Mike :cool:

Went to Durham' date=' NC yesterday for a corvetteforum get together and we got my car and my little brothers 2002 Camaro SS on the rollers.

My car has picked up some HP since I swapped the borla mufflers and Custom pipes for a bassani Xpipe and Z06 mufflers, swapping to MSD plug wires and the Exedy Hyper Single clutch kit. After adjusting the fuel map, I laid down 386/ 382 to the wheels and I'm still knocking down 27.5MPG. :2thumbs:

However, what truly impressed me was my little brothers 02. He has a magnaflow catback and a K&N filter and laid down 320HP 329#ft. torque. He then activated his 75wetshot of nitrous and the power jumped to 368/411. For those interested in the LS1 swap, I would hunt down someone with a salvage 02 F-body car and pull that drivetrain. Those cars are making serious power in stock form. Next on our list for that combo is a set of pacesetter headers, cats and Y pipe, and a custom tune by Jeff at CAM!

Mike :cool:[/quote']

Absolutely. My stock 2002 F Body LS1 with shorty headers, 2 1/2" duals to a 3" behind the Trans and a K & N cold air intake puts down 317/365 and this is without any tuning.

I took the car on a 300 mile RT ride on friday and sat and got 26mpg at around 80mph average speed.

LS power is the way to go.

Congrats on the numbers Mike, what cam are you running in your Vette? Yesterday I saw two vettes at Synergy Motorsports - one had a procharger and the other a new twin turbo mounted out back. You would've dug the installs and the way they sounded.

My cam is the Thunder Racing 224/224 114LSA cam. I'm thinking about swapping to the FAST intake and 90mm Tbody to see if I can get the potential out of the heads without jumping up to a larger cam, although I'm not above that one either.

There was rumor that a TT Vette was coming to this shindig yesterday. I really want to get a ride in one of those! :2thumbs:

Mike :cool:

Has anyone seen the cam/ECU kit that Painless Wiring has now for LS1's? It dynos at 409/407 if I remember fight - but that's flywheel HP.

I also saw an article on several different intake manifold/throttle body set-ups for the LS1 in another magazine. What I noticed most was the cam they put with the LS1 that netted about 100 HP and 60 LB-ft of torque with no change in heads, intake or TB. THe most interesting part of the comparison was that, basically, there was less than 1% inprovement below 5,000 RPM on any of the intake/TB options and none of them were siginificantly better than the LS6 intake with a 90mm TB.

I also noted that their "stock" LS1 was maxing at 371 HP and 380 LB-ft of torque (flywheel) but they were also taking it to 7,000 rpm. I'm not real comfortable taking a stock LS1 valve train to 7,000 RPM.

I've been thinking about the fast setup myself. As for the TT vette, I want a ride too. The one in Rick's shop was stock internals, pushing 5 lbs of boost it made 505 WHP:-D .

Seems like a waste to put 2 turbos on an engine to get 5 psi of boost. You could run that craptastic turbo that goes in place of the muffler and do better than 5 psi at 1/2 the cost, and probably more like 1/3 or 1/4 when you factor in the plumbing etc...

Seems like a waste to put 2 turbos on an engine to get 5 psi of boost. You could run that craptastic turbo that goes in place of the muffler and do better than 5 psi at 1/2 the cost, and probably more like 1/3 or 1/4 when you factor in the plumbing etc...

i think that TT kit he is talking about is the STS turbo kits that goes out back.

my friend has one on his SS.. at 7psi its well over 480rwhp and 500+lbs.

and thats with really nothing more at all, all stock.

i cant remember the real number but i no it was close to 500rwhp and i think not more then 550lbs.

pretty neat... i guess

mike