HybridZ

240z vs Miata

I haven't come across a Miata on the big track, so I'll have to take what you guys say as true. It's pretty apparent that it is a lack of power, not a lack of handling that makes them moving cones though. Go to an autox and you'll see what I mean. Just because you passed a car like it was standing still doesn't mean the other car doesn't handle.

Jon, I haven't seen one autox, but if they pull 0.92g they no doubt have a quite capable chassis. Except for Doug, I must not have been around any of the better car/driver combos.

I'm usually in the slow group anyway!!!!!

John

There are a couple of mixed circuit race series in my part of the world where MX5's (Miatas) and S30's can mix it up with similar spec cars. The best S30 driver has no hope against the top running MX5's and I'm talking about a highly regarded S30 driver who often knocks off some very fancy cars with competent drivers.

My S30 has big brakes and I often outbrake others but I was watching a MX5 the other day and he was braking way later than I can. That and their corner speed makes them tough to beat on any circuit where power is not everything and the MX5 driver is exploiting his car's advantages.

But the MX5 does not appeal to me and thats what its all about, isn't it?