HybridZ

RB25 + S30 transmission tunnel (req: pics)

mull

Mine looked identicle to that. With the exception i didnt weld in any addition plate.

You have to shave off the old ears and weld in a new ears. The way i did it was make the brackets and then attach everything to the tranny how it was going to be assembled. with the tranny mounted to the engine and the ears mounted on the tranny mount i jacked the tranny up till it was where i wanted it. then tacked everything in place. removed tranny and finished welding. took a total of maybe 2 hours total

Good luck.

• 3 months later...

Older thread i know. . .

since you cut the ears off and are rewelding them, did you just eyeball it at the same height as the old placement or did you spend any time trying to get driveshaft geometry at all? Just curious, since this seems to be our situation with the z32 trans on an L.

Older thread i know. . .

since you cut the ears off and are rewelding them' date=' did you just eyeball it at the same height as the old placement or did you spend any time trying to get driveshaft geometry at all? Just curious, since this seems to be our situation with the z32 trans on an L.[/quote']

Well if the driveshaft goes straight, then it's prolly good to go, lol.