HybridZ

I found this on ebay is it Junk or any good?

That is Ross's parts at modern motor sports.

All his stuff is top notch. I have a pair of those control arms. Very nice part

Mark

Me too. I haven't had a chance to install mine yet, but I can tell just by the looks of them while in hand, that they are indeed top notch...

I picked up my pair for $500 shipped from a member here that decided not to use them.

Good part and I've started to change my mind a little bit regarding stock rear LCAs vs. these tubular style. One of the isssues high horsepower 240Zs face is getting the power down. Anything we can do to make sure the rear suspension stays located properly and reduce friction or bind will help.

I recently looked at the rear LCAs I ran on my old 320hp track 240Z and noticed that the sheet metal plate spanning the two stamped U shamped arms had popped a couple spot welds. I know they were fine when I first put the car back together in 2002 so my guess is that 35 hours of track time started to fatigue these parts.

I haven't seen this problem on lower powered (ITS) 240Zs so I bet the combination of horsepower, 275 width tires, and the constant curb hopping the Penskes allowed probably took their toll.

I haven't seen this problem on lower powered (ITS) 240Zs so I bet the combination of horsepower' date=' 275 width tires, and the constant curb hopping the Penskes allowed probably took their toll.[/quote']

You and Chet, the Will Rogers's of racing. "I never met a curb I didn't like."

You and Chet, the Will Rogers's of racing. "I never met a curb I didn't like."

There are a couple that I have a poor relationship with.

Funny how over the years you develop a relationship with race tracks and even certain parts of a race track. When Cal Club repaved Buttonwillow they pretty much eliminated the FIA curbing in the esses. The esses were no fun anymore because you could just straddle the curbs and let the belly pan on the SRF take the hit. Used to scare the crap out of the rest of the sports racers during practice because they thought us SRF guys were wrecking, but then here we come back across the track to straddle the other curbs.

I guess they received a bunch of complaints because a few months later the curbs were back and stood proud. I spun a couple times going through there trying to figure out exactly how hard I could hit them and I certainly wasn't the only one.

John you know that one on the left at the end of the bus stop on #13CW? That's the one that took out my LF Tokico... :twisted: Big F'er that one... Doing 13CW my buddy would go over Lost Hill and he'd clip the bumper at the top on the right and come about 1/2 of the way down the other side with the two right wheels still in the air. I don't think that was the fast way around, but it was such a freaky floaty feeling that he pretty much made me car sick doing it.

This thread makes me glad that I stitch welded my control arms!

A factory driver for Porsche who was a friend of my brother's came over from Germany and was showing my brother the line around Buttonwillow during a Green Flag event. When he came to the esses his quote was as he bounced off the curbs, "Zer iz no reason to turn here".

The other quote we use often is when a track day video of a lap around Laguna Seca was sent to him he e-mailed back "The line looks very good but why did you film it in slow motion?"

Rick White driving Wayne Mellow's 944T at Thunderhill.

otc2003_wayne_thill_3.jpg

Hahaha!!! That's EXACTLY what it felt like' date=' but we didn't take any pictures. :D I believe that was the first time I've ever been motion sick though. His lines were way different than mine too, which was throwing me off.

That's one of the ones I don't have a good relationship with.

It's definitely faster to drive over that one, good for the suspension components is another story!