HybridZ

rear control arm movement/fatigue

Guest zfan

Got poly bushings. Didn't know about the larger stronger 280 LCA's, learn something new every day..thanks. Does anyone have a tried and true coil over set up they would recommend? I drag race and drive it on the street. Like I said earlier, I am running Arizona Z springs with blue Tokico's. The springs are supposed to be stock ride height with a 15-20 percent stiffer ride.

I obviously need a stiffer set up, I am guessing springs that are probably 225-250 lbs would do the trick. Any imput would be appreciated.

Mike

This car is an automatic isn't it? Get a buddy to power brake it for you and watch what happens to the wheel position. Does it move forward? A friend showed me this once on his car and it had a major toe-change. He used to run some toe-out to deal with the deflection and claimed it made the car easier to drive.

If you see deflection then you may want to get creative at seeing where the deflection is coming from. Until you know the issue is the wheel moving or not coilovers may just be a waste of money. I can't think of any easier way to do this.

Cary

Yes it is a 700r4, 4 speed automatic transmission. My friend and I were going to try that when the weather cleared...maybe today/tonite. That said I still see the rear end squatting way to much, a stiffer set up would help I would think.

Thanks everyone for all the imput.

Mike

The difference between the two concerns the attachment of the main part of the arm to the inner 'axle', the tube that is threaded internally both ends and which the inner bushes are fitted over.

The rest of the arm from memory looks the same, its just beefier where it attaches to that inner tube.