HybridZ

anyone seen these tc rods

Guest SouthGaZX

Actually, it does A LOT performance wise. It affects dive under braking and turns the front suspension into a semi-leading arm, which is not ideal which is why johnc and BRAAP were critical. But to say that it doesn't do much is wrong. It can be done better, but this certainly helps. Anyone who has run Mike Kelly's arms or AZC suspension basically has the same thing.

BTW--a search would have found all this info in a matter of seconds.

The only problem I see with these adjustable TC arms is that the LCA attachment does not allow the TC arm to move when caster adjustments are made! Not good! Instead of a fixed attachment, it should have a clevis type attachment to allow for the needed movement. If you do not intend to adjust caster, then you don't need adjustable TC arms.

Those TC Rods (and mine or any others for that matter) do you zero good without an adjustable control arm. The Heim joint used in the adjustable control arms that have been built ALLOW for the assembly to move forward without binding in the movement. The only issue to be concerned with is running out of Tie Rod adjustment when adjusting the suspension...

Mike

The only problem I see with these adjustable TC arms is that the LCA attachment does not allow the TC arm to move when caster adjustments are made! Not good! Instead of a fixed attachment, it should have a clevis type attachment to allow for the needed movement. If you do not intend to adjust caster, then you don't need adjustable TC arms.

Not a problem with the arms I have, and I ran 5.5 degrees caster. As long as the bolts don't bind in the holes this isn't an issue. Just loosen the bolts, adjust the caster, and lock the bolts down again. Even if they did bind up, you could theoretically just grind out the bolt holes a bit to cure that. You do have a point though, and when I redo my TC rods I will be incorporating a clevis into the design.

Those TC Rods (and mine or any others for that matter) do you zero good without an adjustable control arm. The Heim joint used in the adjustable control arms that have been built ALLOW for the assembly to move forward without binding in the movement. The only issue to be concerned with is running out of Tie Rod adjustment when adjusting the suspension...

Mike makes a good point. I had custom LCAs made because the caster I was running was binding the poly front bushings I was using at the time. A rod end at the LCA pivot is a very good idea.

This is all rehashing the same old BS over and over though. Maybe we need a sticky or a FAQ that explains all this crap. I swear we've done this technotoytuning thing at least 3 times, and the title was almost exactly the same every time. We should require more searching outta the newbies...