HybridZ

cant get herculiner =(

J__

ok so for my wheel wells and under carriage i stripped off the old undercoating, repaired some rust, applied primer, then paint, and now im goin to apply a bedliner. i did some searches here and on classiczcars, ppl have suggested herculiner as a great product. i went to the local lordco but they dont carry it. neither does canadian tire. but lordco does have a product called Gator Guard 2. similiar product as herculiner. claims to be the top 3 sprayable bedliners and has the dominion sure seal ltd. anyone have experience with gator guard? is it comparable or up to par with herculiner? thnx

edit: it's epoxy based (not sure what herculiner is) there is also another one called Hippo Liner only diff is that it's urethane based. is epoxy better than urethane?

J,

Beautiful website !!! Picture is one of my hobby as well. I wouldnt use the Gator guard, from previous experience, the corrosion started from between the bedliner and the metal. You could do like 240zhoke or me and spay Zero-Rust and use 3M product as undercoating. You can get the product number in one of 240zhoke posts.

Dayz

dayz: yea i love photography, i'll be taking the z out for a shoot for sure once im done with it. reason i don twant undercoating is i'll be daily driving the sucker, lots of rain and stuff up here. if it chips from rocks (its soft) then the water'll get stuck underneath =( i wanted something hard so bedliner was suggested by many members it seems.

matsonjb: thnx! awesome, i'll order from em. how much is 1 qt? i need a can thats like 954ml one of those small ones. is that a qt? or is 1 qt spray can size

i didnt use zero-rust or por15. i just sprayed primer, then brushed on som plasti-kote no rust paint. yea my autobody buddy thats helping me with the project told me to brush on the paint to save some money. cost me $15cdn for a can that lasted both the wheel wells and underbelly with more than half can left to spare. but the thing is the damn paint is so thick now haha. its like a layer of laquer over the wheel wells... is that bad? a thick layer of top coat? i dont want to strip it again =*(

edit: how many quarts of herculiner do i need for 2 wheel wells and both undersides of the floor pans?