HybridZ

Your lawn ornament is satanic

Mudge

He is inspiration for all people who fall under Homeowners Association dictatorship worldwide! Ahhh i have to foward this one to my Dad. When i lived with him a few years ago, i always caused problems

like leaving the garage door open (oh yeah thats a crime)

"overwatering" plants to the point the drainage ditch has to do its job :rolleyes:

not controlling our medium house trained dog barking everytime an emergency vehicle flew up the hill :rolleyes:

and much much much more crimes against humanity. :rolleyes::rolleyes:twak.gif

Screw HOA's

Oh yeah i forgot to add. One time the Postal Sevice came and removed a drop box from the wall in the lobby of the townhome property. The HOA had a month long vote on what they would cover the ugly spot left on the wall with.

They said it was a "major issue".

And dont get me started about going to work at 4am. Those wonderful people complained about the noise my car made as i left the property and drove down the hill. They said they could hear my vehicle 1/2 a mile away. It was a 1990 Hyundai Sonata, perfect stock exhaust.

:rolleyes:bonk.giftwak.gif

And speaking of the plant "overwatering" issue. About 3-4 months before we moved from the townhome property, we gave all our plants to our neighbor. Then the HOA letters came flooding in, complaining about our "lack of foliage".

:rolleyes::rolleyes:nono.gif

And one more thing before i call it a night. This goes along with the garage door problem. I used to have my 3rd Gen F-Body club come up to my townhome for meetings and BBQ's. The neighbors called the police because they claimed we were "having races in the parking lot". Mind you, the parking lot was just a strip of driveway about 1000 feet long with parking stalls on one side, and garages on the other. The parking lot had 10 speed bumps 6 inches high, and huge deep drainage ditches.

Yeah, we are gonna race our Camaros and Firebirds in the parking lot. :rolleyes:

That's great. As a western NC native, I can assure you that a lot of the people in the Boone area are very, shall we say,..... different. Most of the different one's have moved here from somewhere else and are determined to make their own stamp on NC. Boone has a maze of regulations on just about anything you can think of. I like this guy's style and would like to hear the outcome of his battle with the POA.

John

John, You need to find me a job in Boone... I LOVE That town... I LOVE that whole region. The mountains of NC are awesome... Nothing like Deal's Gap! I was in Raleigh this weekend and it was OK, but nothing like Western NC in the Smokey's...

Mike

Originally posted by David Karey:

I used to have my 3rd Gen F-Body club come up to my townhome for meetings and BBQ's. The neighbors called the police because they claimed we were "having races in the parking lot". Mind you, the parking lot was just a strip of driveway about 1000 feet long with parking stalls on one side, and garages on the other. The parking lot had 10 speed bumps 6 inches high, and huge deep drainage ditches.

What a bunch of dried up old BIDDIES, I bet they would feel offended and wronged if you called them a liar to thier face.

Guest 280Tom'z

yea weve had so many complaints from the HOA because we install TV and internet Dishes, legaly they cant tell people not to get it because that would be a monoply but they will complain to our customers until they want to take the things down, mind you the internet dishes run upwards of $800 and that dosent the nonstandard install fees usally no more than $500 they dont get this money back and that just gos to show how stupid the HOA can be, yea i understand its to keep land value up and keep people from puttin a single-wide in the middle of a neghiborhood of half million dollar houses. but i seriously think they take things way too far sometimes i mean if you own the property and do something the HOA dosent agree with they will take you to courtand sue you for it, now i understand that has its limits and there are people that cross that line but there are people that dont and do things they think are tasteful or having get togeathers that dont get outta hand and people and the HOA trys to sue you cuss.gif

Yup, the next place we buy WILL NOT have an HOA... We'll already shopping land and I'm here to tell you, it is getting hard to find Land outside of HOAs. We're probably gonna look at relocating after her son gets out of High school... Maybe WVA, North Carolina, or Tennessee, Or out west... Basically 5 years is what we're looking at. Can you say BIGGER garage???

Mike malebitchslap.gif

You should come to Bristol. We even have a sign on State Street downtown that states "Bristol: a great place to live". If you lived on the Tennessee side, you could do pretty much what you want to your car and drive it without getting hasseled by the Man.

Also, my neighbor is a fabricator who works for the Kodac racing team. He could probably help you get back into busines with your control arms.

Just a thought. smile.gif

Mike, I don't live in the Boone area, just pretty familiar with it, some friends have a summer house there and we sponge every chance we get. If I wanted to move to the NC mountains, I'd get away from Boone a little bit just because of the above crap. I can't believe he bought a house for $140,000, property values have really soared in the Boone/Blowing Rock area. I don't know about the rainy part, I never thought it rained any more there than the rest of western NC. I live about a 2 hr drive south of Boone, right at the border of the piedmont and foothills. Nice place to live, but very economically depressed right now. Rutherford Co. has the second highest unemployment rate in the state, a lot of manufacturing jobs have gone south and ANY job is hard to find. If you want to come check the area out, let me know and I'll give you a guided tour and a good meal! One benefit- my closest neighbor is over 1/4 mile away and likes hot rods, even if he is a mustang guy!

John

Well unfortunately JOB will have to dictate WHERE I live. I'm gonna have to find something that will atleast make up 50% of my current salary. I need to seriously make a plan this time and stick with it. The wife is ready to get as far away from Washington DC as possible, and I may be able to use that as leverage to move our operation elsewhere. We'll see... Five years and counting.

Mike