HybridZ

Vq30det

Beck

OK everyone, we need to begin accumulating and compiling what we can here. I want only turbo info....ie VQ30DET. It would be a real disservice, if we began mixing this with the normally aspirated VQ30. There is so much different internally, that it is akin to saying z31 and z32 motors are the same because there are VG30s in both. So far about 98% of the information I have found is flat out wrong. If there is something you are not absolutely sure of, but would like to share, please flag it as 'might be' or 'possible'. Coming soon - I will have the wiring harness traced and labeled.

2.JPG

1.JPG

10.JPG

VQ30DET_noEGR.jpg

Looky! No EGR - The boss in the manifold hasn't even been drilled out.

Hi triple B,

We do not have these motors in Oz normally, they are import only from Japan.

I think that they came out in Hy33 and Hy34 nissan Cima and Cedric.

I bought a front 1/2 cut of a 99 model Hy34 Cedric, mine might also have a CVT (constant variable transmission) style of auto, I won't know for sure untill I get it going.

I also bought a worshop manual from Japan, and guess what ,it is in Japanese!!! der.

It will be interesting when I get to the wiring stage.

Rob

hey 260DET, look up HLH0501, he was a guy running a huge frigging turbo on a 5th gen maxima with a stock VQ30DE in it. he hit I think 500whp with something ungodly like 605wtq. granted he went through a few junkyard motors melting pistons, but he was still running stock electronics and didnt exactly tune it. If an NA block can make those numbers and just hole a piston, think of what a factory turbo block can make with proper tuning and something UNDER 10:1 compression.

Yeh Mack, thats the sort of thing that came up, blokes getting good numbers but something always stuffing up on the VQ. Probably not due to any weakness in the VQ like you indicate but I know the VG will easily handle 500 at the wheels so......

• 4 weeks later...