HybridZ

Rear brake conversion

the standard rear sick conversion places the rotor on top of the stub axle where the drum currently is, if the rotor is any thicker than the drum it wouldn't be more than 1/8" tops, I have seen extreme wilwood kits taht had thick hats to purposely add offset to the wheel but they have to use longet wheel studs as well

:icon6: I can tell you about the 280ZX coversion. It is a solid flat mounting plate that goes on the axles. You use a early model caliber and a later model disc off a 280ZX. You can not use the old 14" wheels on the car. I have had to go to 15" and 16" wheels to make it work. It has been on the car now for almost 8 years and I have not had any problems with it at all (have used three sets of pads). Also had to remove the brake proportioning valve from the rear line above the rearend. I just removed the part and moved the line over and reconnected (do not have a proportioning valve on it at this time). The calibers go to the front of the strut and remember that the bleeders go up. The hand brake can be used. It does take some modifing to get it to work, but it does work. The car does see track time and I like the way it works for me. Sorry I can't tell you about the 240SX conversion. It did not affect thye offset of the wheels. I am running a 16" X 7" wheel on it now. It has the standard zero offset. Take care, Rich.:)

I did the Modern Motorsports 240SX/300ZX conversion on the rear. It did not affect my wheel position at all. The other question you should be asking is what affect does it have on wheel diameter? Some of these kits will allow you to use a 15" wheel while others will require incresing it to 16" or larger.

i've got the 280zx rear conversion, still runnin 14 inch wheels on the rear without any issues. other then the rear locks before the front. which makes some interesting auto-x events. i haven't modded the cables for the e-brake to work. then again, it's been about a year now since i did the full suspension and brake swap.

you could remove the positive camber aspect buy fabricating modified strut towers. I believe mikelly discussed this in relation to his custom control arms. I think custom control arms would be the way to go in the scenario. With all the labor and parts expense that would go into it and all the modifications that would have to be made I would say go with the vette irs swap that Scottie-GNZ did.