HybridZ

Need a picture of a RB25DET speedo sensor

240Z_Master

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure hoping it will' date=' as I have one waiting for me to get off my butt and hook them up.

I'm pretty sure the AutoMeter elictrical speedo can be callibrated to work with the oem speed sensor...[/quote']

Yeah, I bought me a mechanical one on accident thinking that you could screw a cable into it (mine is broken externally). Oh well, I'll just have to fork out more money.

The one shown in that pic is on a extra RB25det trans I have. The trans in my car now has a good one in it also (I think anyways...)

Maybe we can work something out with swapping yours for my spare...

Does yours keep the fluid from leaking out? If you will send me a pic of it, I will go from there on deciding if I'll swap it out for you. Unless of course you already have it handled....

Let me know...

j.

The one shown in that pic is on a extra RB25det trans I have. The trans in my car now has a good one in it also (I think anyways...)

Maybe we can work something out with swapping yours for my spare...

Does yours keep the fluid from leaking out? If you will send me a pic of it' date=' I will go from there on deciding if I'll swap it out for you. Unless of course you already have it handled....

Let me know...

j.[/quote']

I'll grab a photo of that bad boy for you tommorow...

On another note, anyone know if a Z32 speedo sensor will work?

Now the next hurdle.... does the mech work on the trans built with elect ? I don't know if the backside (portion that goes inside tranny) is compatible.

The best way I recon is to try and use the type it came with....:oops:

**EDIT** I missed the pics before I posted.. I will pull the sensor tomorrow from the spare trans and see if they look the same...

Now the next hurdle.... does the mech work on the trans built with elect ? I don't know if the backside (portion that goes inside tranny) is compatible.

The best way I recon is to try and use the type it came with....:oops:

If the back portion fits into the tranny, then you're fine. The mechanical sensor works off of the cable, or might be able to do some clever welding. Who knows. I'll do a write up when it comes time.

Sensor2.jpg

Here ya go' date=' sorry for the delay.[/quote']

That looks like a broken Elec Sensor. Am I right? Mines broken a little further down, but otherwise looks the same.

I had no Idea that any of those came with Mech Sensors. I was thinking of using this so I keep my stock Speedo. http://www.atrol.com/cablex.htm

I also plan on using the MSD Tach Adapter so that I can use the stock Tach.