HybridZ

350z seat into 240 :D

2003z

I was tinking about those for my daily!!

Are you able to use the stock mounting location' date=' or do you have to remove the supports and mount them lower? I guess I should ask, "How did you mount them?"

thanks in advance,

Mike[/quote']

In a nutshell,

Remove the rails from the stock seats and center them on themselves. Cut the adjusting rod off of the one, and drill a hole through the center of the other and secure it with a nut and bolt. This will convert them to fixed, immovable units.

Take apart the 350z seat. If you do the project, let me know and I will scan and email the appropriate pages of the service manual. basically, the back is held on by 4 bolts, as is the bottom.

On the 350z seat frame, cut off everything protruding from the sliders (the normal mounting holes). I then mounted angle iron to the bottom of the sliders and mounted cross braced angle iron to that.

The cross brace angle iron bolted to the original sliders, which now don't slide, and bolted in the stock space.

I had to trim the side pocket off of the lower half of the plastic trim on the outside of the seat to fit, and use one black plastic spacer on each rear post to level the seat.

When I do the other, I'll have more details.

• 1 month later...
Nice job. How did it effect legroom and/or headroom? These things are important to me.
I'm 5'7. With a helmet on before, I had to slouch to keep from hitting the roof. (that was with a plastic racing shell installed though). Now I've got a lot of headroom, even with helmet. Might have lost a tiny bit of legroom, but I'm not sure about that. Its not a problem for me

Guest ON3GO
They remind me of the crx SI seats I once had in my car. They had high shoulders just like the 350z seats. Cant seem to find any good pictures to post of them installed though.

hehe i remember that install :)

mike

The Z seats mount lower than the plastic racing seat I had on the drivers side, and the same, if not lower than the stock passenger seat, and that is with 3 of the plastic spacers in the rear and (one spacer up front on the passenger side only), as the drivers side has a height adjuster. As far as leg room, It would be about the same also. I'm limited in how far back they go by contact with the roll bar.

Overall, the seat itself is the same width, height and thickness as the original seats.

They remind me of the crx SI seats I once had in my car. They had high shoulders just like the 350z seats. Cant seem to find any good pictures to post of them installed though.
I had CRX seats in my last 240. I didn't care for having to swap them side to side to fit, but I like these better. Keeps the lineage!