HybridZ

Opinions on A/F ratios...

80LS1T

Ok I posted in the fuel section but after 2 days of no replys and only 11 views, Im going to post it here hoping for some info...

What I am looking for is opinions/experiece with tuning a/f ratios. I always though 12-12.5:1 was a pretty good tune. Does it matter if you are tuning for WOT or part throttle when trying to acheive these ratios or does it change when tuning from WOT to part throttle? Also does it matter if its a turbo/sc car vs a NA?

Thanks,

Guy

Does it matter if you are tuning for WOT or part throttle when trying to acheive these ratios or does it change when tuning from WOT to part throttle?

Thanks' date='

Guy[/quote']

Part throttle/cruise should be in the 14.7:1 range. If you have O2/ cloosed loop, it will try to keep it there.

Well thats pretty much what I was looking for. I was told by some SRT-4 guys that 12-12.5:1 is too lean and I thought they were crazy. I guess I can understand that for a turbo car you need some extra fuel incase of boost spikes(that my thinking anyways).

I would feel pretty safe/happy with a tune for my LT1 in the 12's.

Guy