HybridZ

WOOOHOOO!!! Going to the track!

jt1

I'm going to CMP this weekend to play with the porsche guys. Last track day was the first weekend in Dec, then the snowed out VIR event last month, so I'm itching to go. Weather report is 60 deg and sunny both days, car is checked over and ready to go, work is done for the day. I've got to get the trailer hooked up and the car loaded. Leaving out at 4:30 tomorrow morning!!!!!

YEEEEEHAAAAA!!!!

jt

Thanks guys. Hopefully it will be a smooth weekend. Car's loaded, gas jugs full, truck full of fuel, all tires checked, tools & stuff loaded, and so on.

Time to head home, get supper, a shower, and ready for bed, big day tomorrow.

Cruez, you need to come to CMP sometime. Most fun you can have with your clothes on!!!!!

jt

Hey Twinkle Toes!!!!

You back from the white sand and blue water?

Norm, these aren't spectator events, but if you want to come I'll tell them you are crewing for me and they'll let you in. Lots of cool stuff to check out. The first rock is always free.

jt

Hey Twinkle Toes!!!!

You back from the white sand and blue water?

Norm' date=' these aren't spectator events, but if you want to come I'll tell them you are crewing for me and they'll let you in. Lots of cool stuff to check out. The first rock is always free.

jt[/quote']

Still cleaning the sand out of my ears. I could have bought a new motor for the yellow car for what that trip cost but it was a BLAST

Doug: No such luck on recovery, I bought another one.

Someguy: Come on and check things out!

Mark: Glad you had a good trip, it sounded like a good time!!!!!!

Time to go, I'm pumped!!!!

jt

Wrapped up a great weekend yesterday evening. Just a good time with only a minor problem. I went out for the first run Sat, after a few laps the throttle didn't feel just right. Not sticking, just sort of slow. Not being a big fan of stuck throttles, I decided to come in and check it out. I checked the pedal inside the car, the linkage on the carb, return springs, bracket, and made sure the air cleaner wasn't dragging anything. Everything looked OK, the housing is a little ratty looking, I had a new assembly I was planning to put on but hadn't. Sprayed everything with WD40 and it seemed to be working freely.

Next session, second lap, coming off turn 13, hard on the gas, and the pedal goes to the floor, limp, and the car goes to idle. I putt back to the pits to find the cable broken,inside the housing, and am not looking forward to 5 hrs driving back home to get the new one. Nothing at the NAPA, Chevy place is closed, but the Kershaw hardware store comes thru with new cable and some clamps. Quentin and I have her ready for the next session, a big thanks for his help.

The rest of the weekend went smoothly, had turbo porsche's and Z06's to play with, and had a great time. I came home tired and with a completely fried set of tires. As usual, the PCA guys put on a well organized event with everything running like clockwork. There was only one minor incident when one of the porsches hit a tire wall off turn 3. Luckily it happed right before lunch, and the CMP track crew did a great job getting the wall repaired in time to get started on schedule after lunch.

Now I've got to get some tires and check out trackschedule..........

John

Glad to hear you had a great time. Quinten is a great help to anyone who needs it at the track and he can do it all. Turn three has claimed it's share of cars. It looks so easy. How your student? What kind of car did he drive?

My student was a guy from Matthews driving a pretty new Toyota MR-2 with a few mods. He had done two events before, so he had some experience. The car handled really well and he had a good feel for it, and learned quickly. Despite being the lowest powered car in the blue group, by lunchtime Sun he was one of the faster cars. I took him out several times in my car, and he's a big fan of V8 Z cars now!!!!!

jt