HybridZ

800hp Nascar V8 Porsche 911 Hybrid

Boobala

I saw that car at a track event at CMP a couple of years ago.

The exterior is very nice, straight and nice paint.

The interior is fair, it's nice except for the roll bar was never painted and is rusty bare metal.

The V8 install was a complete hack job. Sloppy mounts, stuff cut away badly, sloppy plumbing and wiring, burnt places from torching sheet metal. They've cleaned up the wiring and plumbing somewhat.

The exhaust was pitiful. 1-1/2" tubing that is kinked half flat in places.

Under the fuel cell is a radiator lying flat over a hole torched in the trunk floor, secured by some strap brackets and zip ties, with an electric fan lying on the radiator. No ducting, no positive airflow at all. He would take it on track and it would be puking coolant by the second lap. After being repeatedly black flagged, he went home.

The engine isn't a SB2, it's a first gen SBC with 18 deg heads. The car wasn't impressive on track, I doubt it's putting over 300 to the wheels with the bad exhaust. It did sound pretty good. Of course, maybe he was scared to get on it with antifreeze all over the rear tires. It's been cleaned up some, but it still looks a lot like it did when I saw it.

There's a guy from Greenville SC who has a V8 911 done right. It's a 70's 911 with 930 fenders, whaletail, and diff (turned upside down). He did it all himself and it's a engineering and fabrication masterpiece. About 500hp and runs and handles beautifully. It's what this car claims to be.

jt