HybridZ

Intrest in a VH45 5spd adapter?

Clifton

Guest 73TPIZ

Small question just a hair off topic. I was reading about the VK series engine in my Titan. I thought it was similar to the V8 in the Q45 (VH45). Wikipedia states that the VK series is more or less based off the VQ series V6 motor rather than the VH V8 motor. Does this mean the Z32TT tranny would possibly bolt up behind the 5.6 DOHC that's in the Titan/Armada?

Here's the wikipedia link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VK_engine

Small question just a hair off topic. I was reading about the VK series engine in my Titan. I thought it was similar to the V8 in the Q45 (VH45). Wikipedia states that the VK series is more or less based off the VQ series V6 motor rather than the VH V8 motor. Does this mean the Z32TT tranny would possibly bolt up behind the 5.6 DOHC that's in the Titan/Armada?

i will be trying to bolt up a Z33 trans to my VK56 in the near future...

Guest 73TPIZ
Doubt it. The VQ trans won't bolt to a VG. The Z32 is a VG.

Maybe the Z33s then? Not up on all my Q's, K's, H's, and G's. Makes my head spin.

Oleh,

cool, keep us posted. You're the guy doin' a custom intake, standalone, etc, right? The LS Chevy engines are great but it'd be awesome to be all Nissan.

Take Wikipedia with a grain of salt. Any person can go on there and enter information, I wouldn't trust it to have solid information.

I'm sure they used some of the technologies learned in the making of VQ to make the VK45 and VK56 but they're basically the next generation VH in my book.

I'm not sure if they used the same bell housing or not as I've not seen any pictures but I wouldn't be surprised if they were similar if not the same (VH/VK).

Guest 73TPIZ

Thanks,

yea, a buddy saw where someone had added their own commentary at the end of the Wikipedia article for Michael Jackson. Funny stuff 'till found and erased.

Later,

Maybe the Z33s then? Not up on all my Q's' date=' K's, H's, and G's. Makes my head spin.

Oleh,

cool, keep us posted. You're the guy doin' a custom intake, standalone, etc, right? The LS Chevy engines are great but it'd be awesome to be all Nissan.[/quote']

no, thats kjones i believe. he's putting in a VK into a S30.