HybridZ

RB Swap Finished ( Pictures)

EMWHYR0HEN

Okay, finally got everything working propery, So these will be my "baseline" pictures. Hopefully my Friend that goes to UTI will let me dyno my car this friday so I can also get a baseline power output.

Now, I can start modding :mrgreen:

P1000960.JPG

P1000969.JPG

P1000922.JPG

My Super Duper High Flow Header!

P1000930.JPG

Fire Wall Clearence.

P1000946.JPG

Intake manifold / Pipe , Clearence to Hood.

P1000975.JPG

Home Depot Special.

P1000973.JPG

Here you can see I used the stock throttle linkage on the fire wall. Just cruised through a local J- yard for a long cable, cut the end and crimped and brazed it to the stock linkage. Also, conveiniantly there are several holes near the linkage so that you can bolt the cable on the firewall. Cheap, easy, and works great!

P1000976.JPG

header clearence.

Future mods in order:

1. Headers!

2. 4.11 Diff

3. RB26 ITB's

4. Standalone ? Power FC?

5. Cams and Springs

6. Head work

Wish me Luck!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see one done up!!! Quick question though, what are you doing about a fan? Or am I just missing it in the pictures?.....

I had a Honda Fan laying around that pushed a good amount of air, so Used that.

Honda Parts on a Nissan, you say?

Yeah, I have a Honda Friend that just doesnt let that one go......:cry2:

looks great...

what mounts are you running? looks like it sits really far foward..

mike

Im using the stock RB25DE mounts. yeah, it did look kind of forward to me also. But, I don't think it was even an issue for me because I also added 80 + LBS of metal to the cabin. Car still handles great IMO.

The header design is based primarily on torque delivery. a 6-2-1 will have more torque down in the lower range and spread out over the rpm range. a 6 into 1 will have greater flow for more hp and the torque delivery will be more in the upper end of the rev range. So tri-y for more low end 6 into 1 for more top end.

Chris Rummel

:coollook:

I see that the header is a tri Y design. anyone know the differences between a tri-y and say 6-1' date=' anything else?

Hey Q can i borrow your stock manifold to make a copy of the flange so that i dont have to remove MY header?[/quote']

Yeah, no problem. Come down and get it!

I've been looking for a header for quite a while now and i found one made by COBY and is located in AUS. Specs are 1 1/2'' primary, 1 3/4 secondary, and 2'' outlet and its a tri y design.They want want $200 usd for the header, but shipping will be $173. On top of that it will take more than a month.

So i was thinking I have My old 6-1 header (which is what im looking for) from my L28 sitting around which has a 2 1/2'' outlet, but i still have to measure the primarys. anyway, i was thinking maybe i could fab up a flange and use my old L28 header.

anyone have any idea's why i couldnt use the header, or why i shouldnt?

i'll take some pictures tomorrow. i dont even know what brand they are, bought them from a dude on a street corner, literally.

My only concern is that the RB25 exhaust ports are evenly spaced out, opposed to the L series ports which arent ( see picture of header above)