HybridZ

RB Swap Finished ( Pictures)

EMWHYR0HEN

anyone have any idea's why i couldnt use the header' date=' or why i shouldnt?

i'll take some pictures tomorrow. i dont even know what brand they are, bought them from a dude on a street corner, literally.

My only concern is that the RB25 exhaust ports are evenly spaced out, opposed to the L series ports which arent ( see picture of header above)[/quote']

That's one of the exact reasons why you can't use it. But with money, time, and skills you should be okay! Ha.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks 280NR.

Anyone know who makes this header? P1010207.JPG

P1010215.JPG

P1010210.JPG

P1010209.JPG

P1010213.JPG

P1010211.JPG

It has 1/2 primary's. 3'' collector, then narrows down to 2 7/16'' on the flange.

I'm going to try to make it work. maybe cut off about 2'' from the flange and add some piping to connect to a new flange to fit the RB25.

anyone? Input?

I was inspired by the black valve cover... and decided to do this today

black_valve.jpg

what is that satin black? Looks good. I tried to match the color of the timing cover, and i used an epoxy gloss black. The stock rocker color was just ugly, and probably a color that only your girlfriend could describe.

Hey Q how much did that super damper weigh compared to the stock pulley?

what is that satin black? Looks good. I tried to match the color of the timing cover' date=' and i used an epoxy gloss black. The stock rocker color was just ugly, and probably a color that only your girlfriend could describe.

Hey Q how much did that super damper weigh compared to the stock pulley?[/quote']

I actually just painted the timing cover as well, and I'll probably shoot some clear coat on it as well...

The ATI Super Damper is pretty light, it'll be like my second flywheel, couldn't remember the exact weight but I know it's a lot lighter, by like 2-3 lbs.

Doubt it once everyhing adds up... If you want to get away with a bare low RB25DET swap, I would have to estimate at LEAST 4,000
i can get a complete RB25det swap for $1500 and go pick it up, but the only thing stopping me is finding/making motor mounts.

I'm curious' date=' what is the purpose of the humps on the rockers covers on the RB25DEt's?

Q, i'm guessing you took them off, anything under the humps?[/quote']

Camshafts.jpg

Aren't you glad I document everything I do? This picture hopefully will help you understand whats underneath it.... (notice the notches in the camshafts which allow you to torque the head in... if you can't torque the head down, you're not at TDC)

Aren't you glad I document everything I do? This picture hopefully will help you understand whats underneath it.... (notice the notches in the camshafts which allow you to torque the head in... if you can't torque the head down' date=' you're not at TDC)[/quote']

May not seem like a big deal to some, But another reason why Nissan builds such great engines. "Tuner friendly"

Under my rockers there's also those gold baffle things. I dont see why there are humps on the det's.

But, evereythings there for a reason.....

May not seem like a big deal to some' date=' But another reason why Nissan builds such great engines. "Tuner friendly"

Under my rockers there's also those gold baffle things. I dont see why there are humps on the det's.

But, evereythings there for a reason.....[/quote']

Do you have the gold covers over the camshafts on #5 and 6 like in the picture?

Camshafts.jpg

Aren't you glad I document everything I do? This picture hopefully will help you understand whats underneath it.... (notice the notches in the camshafts which allow you to torque the head in... if you can't torque the head down' date=' you're not at TDC)[/quote']

MAN THAT'S AWESOME...