Opinions on the restoration(BE NICE)

Guest BiltWel

Do you like it?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you like it?

• No you should have built a go cart!!
    • yes I'd trade my wife for it!!

Guest BiltWel

That Front air dam is the center valance turned upside down then I hand Laid the sides starting with cardboard templates. Thanks for the compliment. It took a good 25 Hours to finish and I am a bodyman just to give you an idea of what went into just the spoiler.

Guest BiltWel

As Far as what I have left theres putting in the new bushings and finishing up the rear suspension/R200 swap, driveshaft,exhaust, carpet, install seats, 1 door panel, fan relay, cleaning up and looming the wiring harness and a speedo and fuel gauge I think thats it no wait also tunes. Then it's going on the show circuit and then the auction block later this year.

OK you wanted an opinion so now I'll give you mine.

See that round kero heater you've got sitting there? Have you ever replaced the wick on it? If you have and succeded good for you. I was replacing my and it wouldn't roll up and down correctly, worked on that POS for an hour. Finally got so fed up I beat the $hit out of it with a 2lb sledge. Temper temper.

Oh your car looks great. I envy those that go EFI, wish I would have initially, perhaps later I'll go Edelbrock or Holly EFI. The only thing I would recomend is wraping all the wires with some black split tubing, which I'm sure you are going to do anyway.

Guest BiltWel

On the kero heater: It is too expensive to operate so I installed the wood stove much cheaper and damb sure keeps me in shape spliting wood.

Guest BiltWel

Thats my 79 Camaro LT1 T56 that is a perfect example of what starting work on a Z will do to a now 10 year old project. It has turned into a message board. But he is next on the to do list I love that car.

C0GDhQxagq1tJEpId8UT5yIPdYBKCEEg0300.jpg

mO8yELxzCSlx5zDsDGKQR4iiJrDdJ7Hv0300.jpg

M-XsDbRPcIM5IKH0KJLsBVMJMqckXzVv0300.jpg

TvdV2cD4vP-ofiBaccVMA6YKF6Bpt9Gs0300.jpg

Guest BiltWel

That paint job is actually black basecoat but has a mid coat of a special mix of transparant silver pearl so everywhere the light hits it it flashes off the silver pearl and you see all the colors but everywhere that it does not it is just nice and black. It's wild man you'll have to wait to see it in the sun to fully appreciate it.