HybridZ

Boat paint all the way

Nismo280zEd

Well it's official, I've kept it kinda underwraps but it's now time to let out my project details. I'm completed the test patches using boat paint on my car. And it's absolutely remarkable. I'm going to go ahead and paint the whole car, I'll load up some teaser pictures in a couple dayz. It's about 20 a quart 70 a gallon. And the primer is a little less. Plus no clear required.

Similar to the other paint thread started on here except it's a one part polyurethane. Dries really hard but still flexable. You can even go two part if you desire.

-Ed

Actually my whole car is in ZR right now, so I'm gonna do a test patch on the hood to see how it adhears to ZR, I'm sure it will be fine.

Not sure if it floats, haven't made it to the lake yet. I'll keep you posted lol.

-Ed

It does adhear very well to tie coat primer and por-15 and reg paint with the proper interlux primer, I have tried that already.

It is not necessary to clear the paint, It's a one part polurethane, like a built in single stage car paint. Except much shinier. I took some pics tonight, but left my camera at the house, I'll try to post tomorrow after work.

Yeah I know its not necessary to paint clear. I was just asking because I might want to try this but I want something with a tinted clear (toner and clear). just curious.

I haven't tried clearing it, however when I spray my g/f's front clip, I'll spray a little clear on it and see what happens, my guess is it will crinkle but ya never know.

Further more, ZR responds very well to PPG DBC/DBU clear. Sticks quite nicely.

-Ed

Yeah I know its not necessary to paint clear. I was just asking because I might want to try this but I want something with a tinted clear (toner and clear). just curious.

Question #1: What color did you choose?

I am looking at the site http://www.boatersland.com/intbrightsideg.html

and they only show...

INTY4259G - Blue-Glo White

INTY4359G - White

For that model of boat paint.

I wouldnt mind trying if it came in black. I would love to try that this summer in my back yard.

Question #2: Did you bring your camera back yet so we can see some pics!

Here was the additional info I found on the paint.

Brightside Polyurethane is the most technically advanced one-part polyurethane available. Brightside now contains Teflon« for better resistance to staining, abrasion and easy cleaning.

Brightside uses Polyflow 4000«, a unique polyurethane resin, which yields excellent flow and leveling characteristics as well as incredible abrasion and chemical resistance. Brightside also takes advantage of the latest in ultraviolet technology which insures longer color and gloss retention.

Together these technologies create a one-part polyurethane which gives the look of a two-part polyurethane with the application ease of a one-part enamel.

Application Details - Brightside Polyurethane Area Above the waterline Finish/Sheen High Gloss Number of Coats: 2 minimum Method of application: Brush / Roller / Airless Spray / Conventional Spray Pack sizes: 1 US Gallon

Availability: Usually ships the next business day.

INTBRIGHTSIDEGtrans_1x1.gifboatersland_1891_55131

Yes, I did get my camera back and took some more pics today as i got the block and head in today. I can't really host them though right now, if somebody has some space I'll be glad to email whatever size you want. The color is a little off in the pics, but i think it shows the gloss fairly well. Keep in mind i didn't bother making it extremly smooth in there.

Also, if you try to buy in gallons from boaterisland there are only white. The quarts have allt he colors. I used laguna blue I think. I'll check the can Friday, been sick lately haven't been able to do a whole lot.

-Ed

Yes, I did get my camera back and took some more pics today as i got the block and head in today. I can't really host them though right now, if somebody has some space I'll be glad to email whatever size you want. The color is a little off in the pics, but i think it shows the gloss fairly well. Keep in mind i didn't bother making it extremly smooth in there.

Also, if you try to buy in gallons from boaterisland there are only white. The quarts have allt he colors. I used laguna blue I think. I'll check the can Friday, been sick lately haven't been able to do a whole lot.

-Ed

let me see if this link works..

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=636