HybridZ

L28ET into the S13 coupe

pallnet

Here are a few pics to show what I've been doing when ever I get a few hours of spare time.

Picture_0047.jpg

Picture_066.jpg

Picture_081.jpg

Picture_085.jpg

Picture_091.jpg

Picture_0921.jpg

Picture_0931.jpg

Picture_094.jpg

Picture_095.jpg

Picture_0991.jpg

Picture_0962.jpg

Picture_1001.jpg

I will be removing the PS parts and going with a manual steering setup. This will freeup some space in front of the motor.

Now I have to make the DP, front swaybar setup, Wiring and plumbing.

where you get that fuel rail! haha :D

mike

lol

Nice way of keepin it ol' skool :)

btw: is that a front sump pan off a maxima? or is it just a rear sump pan flipped around? What did you do to the block (or oil pickup) to convert it to front sump?

About the weight, I would say it can't be too bad. The motor mounting is in roughly the same location as an RB. This is the reason I figured it would work.

The engine bay is a bit smaller then the Z so this makes the motor look huge and wedged in there but in all honestly, it dropped right in and sat on the mounts. I only had to mod the tranny X-member and the hole in the tunnel. Of course you know I have to get a DS made.

Here's a little update.

I have the exhaust on the car and it looks pretty damn good. The main power and ground wiring is 100% complete and the fuel system is 100% complete as well. Tomorrow I will start the EFI install. This will include trimming and extending the harness where it's needed and relooming it all back up to look stock.

Here's a pic of the shortened throttle cable. It's the stock unit.

Picture_102.jpg

Here's the stock SX heater hoses routed to look stock on the L28ET.

Picture_1041.jpg

The fuse block is not stock looking but it can be confused for sterio powers. I'm useing it for the electric fan powerand fog lamp power if I find some I like.

I did weld up the platform it's on to work in stock threaded holes.

Picture_1051.jpg

I made the black tube with the O2 bung in it to connect from the L28ET stock turbo to the aftermarket 3" exhaust I bought.

Picture_106.jpg

Another pic of it. I may remake it after cause I feel it puts the first SS pipe kinda close to the body and I wouldn't mind spacing it a little more. BTW this part is a pain in the nut sack to make in such tight quarters.

Picture_107.jpg

More to come as I get more done.

WWHHOO HHHOOO

Today I scored some front calipers, LSD, shafts, aluminum jack, rear 5 lug hubs and some speakers from a yard. All of this from a Q45. Only thing is I don't need the rear hubs, shafts or the LSD and I may sell them but the calipers, jack and speakers will go to good use.

UPDATE:

I started the EFI harness install. I will have to hack the stock ZXT harness to fit the SX without looking out of place. I also sent the parts off to have a DS made. She's getting closer to running.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...