HybridZ

racing seat for 240z

DAT240Z

I'm in the market for a set of seats for my 240zt. this car is my fun toy I'm not racing or auto crossing with just a driver. What I'm looking for recommendations of a good seat in the $ 400.00 price range. Anyone with experience with one of these seat set could you please give opinion and what brand you have.

Thanks

I got these for my Z. They appear to fit and are leather. I was impressed with them when they got here. I will have them in on Monday. My car is gray with a black interior so I got the Gray/Black S53 MRC-LEA. I will let you know how they fit and sit. $400 for leather ain't bad.

http://www.madracingconcepts.com/Seats/seats.htm

BTW, the A4 style at the top of the page are likely to have the same fitment issues as regular A4's being that the top of the seat hits the door and/or window.

If you want, I will meet you in Indy sometime to show you the seats.

I have the A4s in my Z. I used the stock Z sliders and used some flat stock to make them fit the A4s. Since they are not that wide, you can shift them over a bit and although they come close to the door panel, they don't hit, in my 240Z anyway.

• 1 month later...

If you happen to be a tall person, be aware that you may be cutting yourself short on head room with some of the seats available. Typically the seats that have a full shell (fiberglass, kevlar, carbon fiber) provide the least amount of head room. The suspension type seats (like the OEM seats) provide a bit more head room. Also, if you use adjustable seat rails, they will also reduce your head room. Just some things to consider. Personally, I like the SPARCO seats. I installed a set of the Sparco "Sprints", an entry level race seat (suspension type seat)....these seats do not tilt for or aft and have relatively high side bolsters and are a bit more of a chore to get into and out of. I also left out the adjustable rails for the extra head room....just in case a helmet is needed.

i have a sparco real fim approved race for my car for track days.it sucks on the street.it holds you in but you cant get in or out easy.and it blocks the door handle inside the car.its basically a deep fiberglass buckit.some of the aftermarkit tilt street seats look nice.just because it looks cool doesnt mean it is.

• 4 months later...