HybridZ

tuffz update-exhaust & drive!

:lol: first drive this past friday evening on the way home from the welders where we built the exhaust [follow link to pics in my gallery] http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=6706&cat=500

about 50 degrees and rainy, i didn't push too hard as i didn't want to loop it and have to start over. took evilc out for a ride on saturday afternoon, i can say it feels like the fastest/quickest car i've ever driven. let me quantify that though, i've driven the following; dodge viper, detomaso pantera, 300zx tt [modded ++ hp], lotus elise, lotus esprit turbo, formula ford, ferrari f355 [exhaust & chip], acura nsx, porsche gt2 club sport [430 hp tt]. nuff said!

i'll let evilc chime in with his perspective...

to do; dyno & tune pcm, finish gauge install, put together interior, adjust brake bias, get quieter muffler, work out any other bugs that come up...

david [can u see me smiling?!]

Great job! All the hard work and effort pay off when you get to drive the car and it all works well together. Keep us posted on all the little things that need to get finished (I know how that stuff can linger on:icon52: ).

I can say this is the slowest/sluggish car I have ever been in. Let me quantify that though, I have been in stock Honda Accords, my old 4 door '86 corolla and even the NYC Public Bus!! :-)

Seriously, the car felt great and put a huge smile on my face! With david at the wheel giving me 1st...2nd....3rd gear pull-offs from the traffic lights was great. The car is very quite at idle but screams when you get on it. I loved the sound. I can't wait till I have my car done......and yes vids will be coming. Maybe this weekend since David is coming out to my school to help me with my Z.

Clive

Fantastic David,

I know you can't get that smile off of your face. The exhaust looks nice. Is that 2 1/2" front tubes to a 3" single? Which muffler did you use?

When do the subframe connectors go in?

Faster then a Viper? Hell yes!

awesome

i plan to do 2 1/4" to a single 3" on mine

but i dont have those humps in my t56 support i just used a straight bar

think i can clear over the top with it or under it??

damn cant wait to get an exhaust on mine straight shortie header is loud and poppy, lol

get some videos

Fantastic David' date='

I know you can't get that smile off of your face. The exhaust looks nice. Is that 2 1/2" front tubes to a 3" single? Which muffler did you use?

When do the subframe connectors go in?

Faster then a Viper? Hell yes![/quote']

dual 2.5" into a single 3". the bends are mandrel and in some places we cut a 'pie slice' and welded back together. i used a straight thru bullet stainless 'slp' muffler-3" in/out. need to find something quieter...

Nice job! LS1's are very impressive. Mine scares me above 4000 rpm.

Hey I didn't see any O2 bungs in there' date=' you going MAFless too?[/quote']

if u look closely u'll see the O2 wires in the pic [taken from the front of the car] they're black and around the area of the 1st ribbing in the tranny. i also am running a maf. wanted to keep it close to stock.

Nice job! LS1's are very impressive. Mine scares me above 4000 rpm.

Mine used to scare me too. You get used to the power pretty qwik.

Soon I will want some more. Good to know that for not too much cash you can bolt on another 100 hp. Just need to get it set up to get the power to the ground first.