HybridZ

Look at this BMW M3 ...hybrid

DavD3

Guest l28et

That car was for sale on ebay.

I like the 2JZ swaps in the E36. 10-15K for a turnkey one.. google it.

SR20DET would be fun in an E30.

I like the 2JZ swaps in the E36. 10-15K for a turnkey one.. google it.

You are right, i did search and found company who are doing this :http://members.shaw.ca/kfgroup/index.htm

They even put 2JZ in 240sx. So many cars, so many hybrids...... you just can't think of everything what people are doing.Thanks for the tip though.

I would do that just to spite BMW purists, muahahaha

not very nice. haha i dont see why they would do that. the 4cyl that was in there before has plenty of potential. and there have been a few people who have swapped another m3 motor (the big six s52) in an e30 and had a blast. now that would be fun but add a turbo (if u can fit it) and ur made.

Guest l28et

Nothing wrong with that swap.

Whilst the E30s original 4 may have been plenty capable its insanely expensive to modify a BMW.

Yea the S54 is a great engine. 8000RPM redline, 330+hp and smooth as butter. But it also runs 15K++ for a used one.

Those guys are in a league of their own, spending 6K on wheels, 7K on turbo kits, 3K on exhaust systems, etc.

Check out DTMpower.net to see some crazy rides. Go take a look at Dinan, Active Autowerke or any other BMW vendor and check their prices. Ridiculous.

I like the idea of an SR20 in the E30. I like the idea of a 2JZ or an RB even better.

Dont start the stupid purist mentality at HybridZ. Thats what this site is all about (done beating a dead horse)

Dont start the stupid purist mentality at HybridZ. Thats what this site is all about (done beating a dead horse)

Does disagreeing with a swap make someone a 'purist'? This site is about Hybrid Z cars... not Hybrid E30 M3's.

actually most bmws are inline 6 not v6.

I wasn't refering to BMW V-6's. In fact I didn't know they ever made a V-6. (I'm 95% sure BMW has never made a V-6)

I was refering to the two engine configurations (I4, V6) I don't like due to thier roughness.

I wasn't refering to BMW V-6's. In fact I didn't know they ever made a V-6. (I'm 95% sure BMW has never made a V-6)

I was refering to the two engine configurations (I4' date=' V6) I don't like due to thier roughness.[/quote']

yea im also sure that bmw has never made v6s

Guest l28et
Bleh!.... That's hypocritical... Oh well!

Blasphemy :banghead:

A BMW S54B32 in a E30... Now' date=' [b']that[/b] would be interesting!

Thats what my "purist" mentality comment was in reference to.

How is it blasphemous or "hypocritical" to swap one four cylinder engine with another four cylinder engine that has a larger aftermarket support, costs half as much money and is easier to source parts for?

http://www.bimmerworld.com/html/e30-m3-25l-sport-evo-engine-package.htm

2.5L E30M Evo motor. $10,000 220hp?

2.0L SR20DET $10,000 after mods? 400+HP

I think its a very smart swap and looks really fun to drive. Not interested in getting into an internet fight.

I was directing that hypocritical comment at myself, not at the car/car owner :D

You edited my post wrong:

The car looks nice, but I could never bring myself to do that to an E30 M3. That's hypocritical...

There's nothing wrong, in my opinion, with an SR swap. The E30 M3 just happens to be one of my favorite cars and I wouldn't swap an SR into it... ever. Doesn't mean I hate it. In fact... I admire the amount of work that went into that car. The SR just diminishes what value I would see in that car (does that make sense? It's been a long day! :D ).

Thats what my "purist" mentality comment was in reference to.

How is it blasphemous or "hypocritical" to swap one four cylinder engine with another four cylinder engine that has a larger aftermarket support' date=' costs half as much money and is easier to source parts for?

http://www.bimmerworld.com/html/e30-m3-25l-sport-evo-engine-package.htm

2.5L E30M Evo motor. $10,000 220hp?

2.0L SR20DET $10,000 after mods? 400+HP

I think its a very smart swap and looks really fun to drive. Not interested in getting into an internet fight.

When I posted the "blasphemous" coment, I mistakenly thought they had pulled an I6 and stuck in an I4.

Note: I've seen S50B32 (Euro Evo2 3.2) go for less than $7000.00 on eBay.

This is how you do an engine swap on an e30...

E30V8.jpg

...or maybe like this...

pic02.jpg

...or even like this...

06.jpg

This thread speaks to me in a totally different way. I lived less than two miles from where that shop is located for 20 years as I was growing up and going through school. In the last two days I've had an initial interview for a job that would take me back there, found "Firebird Raceway" and now a tuner / hotrod shop. I wonder is someone is trying to tell me something?

before i had the z i wanted an e30. People where turboing m20 motors like crazy. You can use a 524td manifold to turbo it. (kinda the equivilant of using a 280zx turbo manifold in a z that isnt turbo) i still do want one but the z is what i got now. and the plus side is that the zed is smog exempt so i could swap almost anything in there where the e30 i would have to smog and all this other dmv stuff i would have to fill out. maybe one day...