HybridZ

saw an 1100hp indy GN V6 today

mobythevan

It will replace the wimpy 424whp L6.

I edited my post. I meant that the L motor is wimpy compared to the Stage. The car with the old body (as in the sig picture) ran traction limited 12.0 quarter miles.

My only attempt to run with the new YZ flares covering 325/50-15 M/T Drag radials obliterated my new clutch.

The Stage swap is a few months down the line still - and until then I'll explore the L's potential, probably with a large shot of nitrous on top of that 424hp and a stronger clutch.

Would a 10-second quarter with the L live up to the bodywork?

Now that's motor! U keeping the dry sump I'm sure!!!!????? It's the only way to fly!

By the way, I got a new Valentine 1, updated my old one for $230 delivered. Used it to go to SEZ, wouldn't leave home without it!!!! Just a friendly reminder, looks like you may need one too......

That is the most bitcchhhiinnnn motor!!! Congrats :2thumbs:

This culture change is fun! My little local ricer buddies are pissed at me for switching to an OHV(not OHC) lump, while old-school hot rodders like the choice.

The turbo Buick (GN) community doesn't know what to think, and largely ignores me.

Turns out my machinist is an ex- NASCAR engine builder who is familiar with the BGN V6 stuff, and is grinning ear to ear. That's what he said exactly -"Now that's a motor!"

Just gimme those 12 jumpin pushrods and more boost please.

Dry sump will be used..

I've been a satisfied Valentine user for about 8-9 years - Saved my butt more times than I can count.

The valentine is a must have for any street driving IMO. I've had the rest now for the last 13 or so years I've got the best, Valentine!

Now if I can just figure out how to add another garage and a GN with a stage 2 engine, I'll be....., well, I won't want......, crap, I'll still want more!