HybridZ

Greetings from the Grand Canyon

mark

We are out here with the 2 kids. Started the day with a sunrise service at Mathers Point. One of the top 10 sights in my life for sure. An amazing experience. Spent the day seeing what we could of the canyon. THen dinner at El Tovar with sunset for dessert. More tommorow.

Been there twice. Drove from NY once in college and flew there with the wife and friends a couple of years ago. We stayed at El Tovar. ...Awesome place to visit. Enjoy and don't get too close to the edge.

Here are a couple of shots I took there.

pb174679.jpg

pb173084.jpg

My wife and I spent a night there on our honeymoon. Got to the rim at dusk. It was so beautiful she actually cried. We stayed in Williams at an old whore house. Then we went back the next day and did a helicopter tour. We went in mid-April and there was nobody there. I hope its a similar situation for you and your family. We were the only ones on the helicopter tour, which was very nice. I wish they still took the choppers down into the canyon, but still the visit to AZ was definitely better than the other part of the honeymoon spent in Vegas!!!

Oh, forgot to mention that we ate at... get this... Pancho McGillicutty's in Williams. Pancho... McGillicutty's...