HybridZ

I'm scared.

Nissan-Fan

There is a new badass car at my highschool now, an 89 Gtr-32!

It has all the markings of a GTR but i'll need to see under the hood to be sure.

Anyways...Is my 78 280z going to stand up to this thing at all? i'm installing a Stage V 300 deg 0.56 lift schneider racing cam, and i have a header installed, as well as an intake and a recent tune up. Am i going to hang with this thing? or do i need to hurry up and turbo my car? i am in the market for a 280zx turbo exhaust manifold, but i'm sure our cars will meet before i find one.

So with those mods and my car being stripped down as much as possible, what are my chances?

Guest 73Turbo240z

if he's the gambling type, tell him a buick from texas will come up and crack his *** if he can come up with a sizeable bet to make the trip worth it.

or we'll crack it with my Z... doesn't matter. :twisted:

There is a new badass car at my highschool now' date=' an 89 Gtr-32!

It has all the markings of a GTR but i'll need to see under the hood to be sure.

Anyways...Is my 78 280z going to stand up to this thing at all? i'm installing a Stage V 300 deg 0.56 lift schneider racing cam, and i have a header installed, as well as an intake and a recent tune up. Am i going to hang with this thing? or do i need to hurry up and turbo my car? i am in the market for a 280zx turbo exhaust manifold, but i'm sure our cars will meet before i find one.

So with those mods and my car being stripped down as much as possible, what are my chances?[/quote']

If it is a GTR no.... a good way to gage yourself is find the car and driver from back then that tested the corvette of the same year to the gtr.... dont remember the exact issue but in that issue they did a side by side comparison with a vette. can you hang with a early 90s vette? if you say no... then your answer is no cause the gtr ate up the vette in the review. :twisted:

I would say the GTR would kick your ***. those things are monsters. especially on launch. plus, there is no telling iif he is running bumped up boost or something like that. it could be making double the factory rated 280HP and you wouldnt be able to tell by looking at it.

I do have a few 280ZXT exhaust manifolds if you are looking for one. I have family in Fargo, ND so I am close to the border, lol!

Well it seems as though the Nissan gods have smiled upon me! what a great day! i get to school, and take a look at this "GTR" for the first time...its got all the badges but upon inspection of the front bumper....its a GT-S style? what the ****?....i take a peek into the interior, and thats when i see....DUN-Dun-DUN an automatic transmission! Hahahaha! its a GTS with R badges! sad sad sad. Guess ill need to have a run with him to show him who's boss! :)

280zforce gave me a hell of a deal on some turbo parts too, so i can stay King of the Highschool! muahahaha.

It's not even a GTS-T? No turbo? Even a bone stock 280Z 2+2 with manual trans could kill it with the correct tires, assuming he has no mods. Oh, man this is going to be really fun for you!

I just wonder about the kind of person who would try to make a GTS look like the GT-R. I hope he is not some kind of punk that thinks he is all bad (i.e. ricer type). In that case, it will be very pleasurable to destroy his ego with a DATSUN! I really wish I could be there for that!

Look at the power specs on this page:

http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=34298&Nissan

I am building up an L28ET. I plan to use Megasquirt with MSnS+E, a water cooled T3, stock head, stock cam, 3 inch custom downpipe and exhaust, and for now maybe the stock injectors/fuel system.

My bad, left that out didnt I? it is a T type, RB20DET, but i still think i can walk him :D

Cool setup, i want to run MSnS but i cant afford it right now :(

Wonder how good the stock ECU is good for...i better search that.

Dont worry, ill be sure to get someone to get a video of us racing.

Fixed The Sig

get a 92 maxima se 5spd

advance the timing, intake, exhaust, no cats, bored tb and port matched manfiold. you can walk all over the early 90's vettes, and wouldn't have a problem taking the skyline either. but aside from that. get some drag radials on the z and get the jump on em. takes more power to reel someone in then to get out in front

Don't be cocky with him. Tell him how impressed you are with his car and that it must be really fast - that you probably don't have a chance against him but you'd like a run just to get a feel for how much quicker he is. Get him relaxed & complacent. If you can get 1/2 second on him in reaction time you'll really screw him up. Don't underestimate him. No mercy - use all the tools at your disposal to get him. Don't trash talk him - set him up for a "schoolin".