HybridZ

351w efi

gb20

I'm going with the 351w. I have always liked side pipes also and am most likely going that way too. As far as hood clearance, I'm going to do an eleanor type hood bulge. The book I got is Custom Auto Interiors, by Don Taylor and Ron Magnus. It makes doing that kind of work seem a lot less intimidating. Very easy to follow.

gb20

Since your going with the 351, if you have the extra money and can afford it, stroke it. You will be surprized by the extra power and torque that you can get from one over a 351. I don't know if you know, but you can go all the way to 427ci, from a 351W. You can also put a set of modified clevland heads on one and make a clevor and really have some power. Now for the book, I wonder if Barnes and Noble carries it. I really want to find it. If I can learn to modify, Ford fuel injection. I can probably learn to upholstry my interior. It will late for me tomorrow, I've got two houses to do.

LMoore56

Sorry, the book is at Barnes & Noble. My next book is going to be an electrical one. How much power is there in a stock 351? I'm starting to get the hang of painting and interior, so now to wrap my head around the mechanical.

Hey! you say the book is or is not at Barnes and Noble. I bought one of the ( CD Rom disc ) off of eBay for my 77 280Z. Then I went at making copies, of anything and everything that I thought would come in handy. That was after fighting the Gremlins in the that were in the wiring on the car. I like never figured the headlights out on it. That was before I found this site. Now for the 351's, I know that the 93 to 95 Lightning's, were supposed to be rated at 240 hp. I'm not sure if it was rear wheel, or flywheel hp. That seems a little low, but thats what was advertized. I do know a plane 351 seemed like a dog. They got poor gas mileage, and did not have any power. But thats in a truck though. The 302 that came in my 94 F150 was the same way, and did not get but 9 to 10 MPG and that was a good day. When I put my 393 stroker into my truck. The mileage jumped to 17 MPG, with my foot in it all the time. And that was with 3.55 gears in the rearend. I have 3.08's in it now, because of the power. I kept stripping out third and overdrive. I ordered a kit and valve body through Lentech automatics, and thats what I have now. I seemed to change something on my engine or upgrade rather, everytime I pulled my engine and tranny. NOW you talk about power, its got it now.

Hey! thats good about it being at Barnes & Noble, theres a store about 30 miles from here and easy to get to. I can't quite remember where I read it at, but I would almost swear that had the 93 to 95 Lightnings rated at 240HP. It does seem low though. And that is in book a good reason to upgrade. Thats why I'm as for along as I am.

• 3 weeks later...

Another car the 351 can in with EFI was the broncos. The bronco also ha a 302, and both were carb until 85 when they got EFI. They also had a HO model for the 351 that got the sam HO treatment as the 302 in the mustangs of the time. Still a poor performing 351 though.

I might be putting a bronco 351W in my ZX (this is the first i've mentioned it on HZ thus far). I could get it legalised to get my engine label and then it's party time. I could go wild with part mods without anybody knowing the difference. Main thing I need to look at is what EFI to run, since it would probly only get like 14 MPG city with only 210HP.