HybridZ

painted in garage...

Adimir

thanks i got more sanding to do before spraying 3 more layers of clear...its been chilly outside so i stoped...

well its suppose to be Dodge Viper Black...and there seems to be some shade to it...i dont know but i love how it turned out so far.....i think brown comes from my oak garage walls...yes my whole garage is solid oak!!!

thanks i got more sanding to do before spraying 3 more layers of clear...its been chilly outside so i stoped...

well its suppose to be Dodge Viper Black...and there seems to be some shade to it...i dont know but i love how it turned out so far.....i think brown comes from my oak garage walls...yes my whole garage is solid oak!!!

garage...den... same thing for a guy =) look great and glad to see another zx'r doing his car up . i painted my first car a few years ago and i know from experience how hard it is to do it in a garage... dust, bugs, trash ...man its tough to lay down a nice clean spray job without having to deal with all that too !!!

thanks guys yea its looking good...well im spraying another 3 coats to give the paint more depth...it should look way deeper then what it is now... i wanna stare at it and wanna feel like i could nose dive into it!!! :P ive had no trouble so far with dust and bugs...there is a speck here and there but nothing bad at all...

im n00b at paint too...but i decided to see how i can do...so far its good...im happy, its not perfect there is flaws but im am overwhelmed with what i accomplished. with the roller...it will turn out as shiny and as good if you put on enough to have when you sand it down it will smooth out :)

painting is not the issue..its the prep...

thanks!

looks good but 7 coats of clear? Overkill man. I usually spray 4 but i spray heavy, I guess if you spray light... at anyrate it looks pretty good for amateur work man. Looks nice and flat not wavy from the pics you posted. Black is notories for showing flaws, nicely done.

-Ed

Nice. did you just tape off the window trim? Thats what annoys me, because its usually the first place that starts to ware, or the person that does it doesn't tape it well enought and gets paint on the trim or weather stripping.