HybridZ

RB25DET into a bmw ........has any one done it?

Guest kickingriffin

Guest kickingriffin

hello all........

im currunlty fitting a RB25det engine into a bmw E36 and im comming across a few problems...........

the main one is the sump could be with being turned around as it sits on the steering rack and subframe.........

any idear how i can get around this?

has any one done of heard of this conversion before?

could do with so advice and info ect along my way of this conversion.

cheers

Guest kickingriffin

how do you go about modifying the sump as it hits on the bmw steering rack and bmw subframe.

on the bmw engines the drop on the sump is at the back of the engine and on the RB25det the drop is at the front, is there a way i can reverse the sump and extend the oil pick up pipe?

was going to try use the bmw sump and basicaly extented the length of it and shape and redrill it to fit the RB25det engine, but this is quite abit of messing about and woulderd if you had to do any think with the sump to fit this engine in any other car?

cheers

kickin, what wheels are those on your car?? Those looks awesome. ive got a e36 i am more then likely going to be swapping this summer. i will prolly be doing v8 or ijz though.... due to cost ands power output. rb25 will kick *** though hope you post some pictures here!

Guest suiside

i think them wheels are some HREs.. nice chrome deep dish rims. ima buy me some WORK EQUIPS 17x8 in frnt and 17x10 rear. +15 in frnt and +0 in rear. nice deep dish rims,for my 280z some custome fabbed sheet metal flares.

i think them wheels are some HREs.. nice chrome deep dish rims. ima buy me some WORK EQUIPS 17x8 in frnt and 17x10 rear. +15 in frnt and +0 in rear. nice deep dish rims,for my 280z some custome fabbed sheet metal flares.

I'm also considering a set of EQUIPS, however not that big. This size would be ideal for me.

L60003.jpg

15 x 9 & 9.5. -6 & -13 offset

they cost a pretty penny , too.

Guest ON3GO

those look like BBS or HRE's..

very nice BMW.

to the work wheel guys.. i got some work equip 01's but the 5 star ones, 18x12 & 18x10... im a wheel whore..

mike

Guest ON3GO

not yet, to be honest i havent even seen them yet.

there getting some work done on them, there awaiting my appoval on color.

still undesided.

mike

Guest kickingriffin

rb20det sump...... hummz im in england and these skyline engines are not the common engine over here,lol, ill see if i can find rb20det sump and see how i get on.

soon as i get the engine mounted propley ill post some pics.

Read through the post on swapping an rb26 or rb25. sounds like alot of the stuff that aplies to that swap will apply to your swap. The rear sump being referenced is the sump from the japan only z31 that had an rb20 stock in it. there are a couple threads in here referencing parts number.

Thats about as much info i can give you.