HybridZ

F.N.G. (#@!$&*# new guy)

Hartspank

I know all you Z veterans are pretty sick of answering the same questions over and over, and most of the answers can probably be found in some boring old archive,but it's alot more fun to pick your brains and get a fresh spin on things! So with that said, I'm curious about using a 2+2 clutch in my 82 which is stock (for now) is it needed? does it help? what mods need to be done to make it work? Thanks.

"a lot more fun" (with a space, thank you) won't get you much respect and you'll probably see the not so pretty side of HybridZ. Not only that, you'll be stuck as the FNG forever if you don't learn to FIND OUT YOUR OWN INFORMATION.

:)

Ben

How about i just answer the damn question. I get so sick of seeing people putting SEARCH, SEARCH, SEARCH. If you don't want to answer the question ... DON'T! Hartspank was probably just looking for some interaction with other Z car people... there... I feel better.

In order to use the 2+2 clutch you need the 2+2 flywheel, pressure plate, clutch, and throw out bearing COLLAR. The 2+2 clutch combo has 700+lbs of pressure and the regular is 500+lbs. Its a great easy upgrade if you are putting down some pretty good HP (250 and up). Not only is the pressure plate a few hundred pounds heaver but the flywheel and clutch have a larger surface area. You have to use the entire clutch setup you cant just upgrade the pressure plate or just the clutch, and you cant forget the throw out bearing collar becuause if you use the non 2+2 then the clutch wont engage all the way (or is it that it wont disengage all the way.... whatever).

Sorry for the snobish attitudes around here... but the most of the people on this site are really helpful.

Guest tony78_280z
How about i just answer the damn question. I get so sick of seeing people putting SEARCH, SEARCH, SEARCH. If you don't want to answer the question ... DON'T! Hartspank was probably just looking for some interaction with other Z car people... there... I feel better.
Shhh don't get... Never Mind

Turbo and 2+2 use the same size clutch, and (as usual) I learned the hard way that the T5 also uses a different release fork. I also learned that an '89 240sx 11/16" slave works also to get a little more throw...