HybridZ

Brake booster leaking air inside cab??

Well Ive had my azc brake kit on for a while, and i like them

I also installed the 280zx master.

Everything has been fine but recently i broke a leak inside the cab where the brake pedal is, everytime i push on it i can hear vacuum leak or whatever you wanna call it and the revs go up if i do this at idle(lt1 engine)

So is my booster done? Or is there another part between the booster and pedal? Do i rebuild the booster or just buy a new reman. one?? This sux, its like having manual brakes again, lol

It may just be the check valve. If the booster is leaking air that means your engine has a vacuum leak, is it running differently? Try disconecting the hose and putting a cap on the carb port and see how it runs, if its the same its probably not the booster.

When my friend's booster went bad in his Supra it sounded like a whistle under the dash. A couple days later it was like a duck was living under there. What's probably going on is the diaphragm inside the booster has a tear and you're hearing the air pass through. Sounds like it's time for a new booster.

The master-vac is rebuildable however, it can become a safety issue trying to disassemble the unit without the correct tool and a good solid bench mounted vise. Basically, there is a big strong spring that lives inside with the diaphram so be fore warned. Kits are available and cost less than a new unit.