HybridZ

Rear adj. control arms from ROSS installed

Thanks... We took a measurement on each side of the old control arms and turned the adjusters of the new arms to that figure. At the alignment shop each side had to be adj. a few turns but it was a very quick fix. I'm not sure if this is the "right" way to do this but it worked for us. I hope that this is the last time messing with the damn spindle pins. We found that we had to add some washers for a snug fit on the large bushing end of the control arms during assembly. Also Ross doesn't supply those bushings and we ordered them from Summit. They were the cheapest I found and you have to order the rear control arm bushing kit so I have a few extra bushings.

LARRY

We found that we had to add some washers for a snug fit on the large bushing end of the control arms during assembly. Also Ross doesn't supply those bushings and we ordered them from Summit. They were the cheapest I found and you have to order the rear control arm bushing kit so I have a few extra bushings.

LARRY

Larry, can you explain the washer part again? not sure what you mean....

Also, the bushings. What bushing did you buy from Summit that fits our C/A?

thanks - j.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=BUSHING+KITS+NISSAN&N=115&Nao=10&Ntk=KeywordSearch#rstop

Summit part# ENS-7-3104G....$48.39

Summit sells many parts for models 240Z and up that are cheaper than most places. For the bushings they sell individual kits up to the complete kit.

When we put the large bushings on there was still a small space on the control arm so that we added a few washers to make sure of no movement, also they provide a grease bag and make sure everything gets some so that you don't have any squeaks later.

Here's another summit example, type in sway bar Nissan and you get http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&N=115&y=9&searchinresults=false&Ntt=sway+bar+nissan&x=26

LARRY

WOW... thanks Larry. I had no idea Summit had parts for the Z car.

Not to hijack the tread but...Summit has all kinds of parts. If you can find the manufacturer's part number and Summit carries their line, they can probably get the part for a reasonable price. They'll drop ship items not normally carried in stock.

You use spindle pins with those right? Heard somewhere you dont and you just use bolts that come with the arms. Just want to make sure.

I can't see any way these arms could be used without spindle pins, unless you drilled and tapped your strut housing for bolts instead of pins, but I'm not sure that would work.... so, yes, you still use spindle pins with the MM control arms.

I'll also confirm that you use the spindle pins but now to adjust the rear wheels you just have to have the wheels off the ground and wrench the adjusting nuts in or out....

About Summit carry Z parts, the parts they list are stocked with them. There is no drop shipping and you will notice they show the availible date next to the part if it is not in stock. I had to wait 3 weeks on my control bushings but the good news is it is now in stock at Summit.

One big difference between Summit and MSA is that Summit will notify you when an item is not in stock and tell you when it ships with tracking info.

LARRY

Looking at the design it looks to me that if you are willing to sacrifice your stock control arms they could be cut off. After the ends are cutt off you can install the heim joints and thread them into the controll arm. This is just me looking at the picture though.

This would be my approach If my spindle pins were frozen. The only reason to pull the spindle pins that i know of is to dismount the stock control arms and replace the outer bushings. Since the outer bushigns are replaced by the heim joints there really is no point...

You need the spindle pin. The control arm is not threaded. You slide the heim joint bolt thru the control arm. That's how you can adjust the wheel by turning the nuts in or out while the wheel is off the ground. The spindle pin secures the two heim joints.

LARRY

I said cut the control arm.... not the spindle pin.

I think you are right. somewhere I saw a write up on the installation and Ross bragged that the old arms are cut away allowing the new ones to be installed without removing the pins from the strut.

Must be a local thread somewhere because it is not on the MM website.