HybridZ

Where's Jamie been?

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

I have been working on an old house since this time last year. It's a big house built in 1918 in one of our cities most historic neighborhoods. Located off the historic Monument Ave. The house has been in my wifes family since it was new. We have spent the past year restoring the home. We have finally moved in and it has been a labor of love for everyone involved. Each person who has touched the house has been a huge help and they've left being honored to work on such a remarkable house with rich history. I have spent nearly every dime we have on this home to bring it to it's current state. There is still much left to do but it is finally habitable again. The garage is equally as old and leaves alittle to be desired. It is big for the area but still small by todays standards. Remember, this house was built when the first model "T"'s were being built. All exterior modifications must be passed by an archetectural review board to preserve the historic appearance. That includes simple color changes.

Car updates? Sorry I don't have any. I have two existing customer projects(Stan and Yasin have been great, and I feel real bad that they don't have there parts back yet) that have been put off by me(or should I say my wife) to finish this house. I have taken on too many projects for me to finish them timely and that is most including the house. On top of that, the garage was broken into last August and most of my hand tools, my welder, saw, sawzall, and a set of wheels and "Cobra" hubs got stolen. My insurance company has NOT YET settled that. I have been forced to buy these things out of my own pocket as I can afford it.

We did not take out a loan to do this project. The fact is, if I'd known we would have been getting this house, I would have never started the RB project to begin with. I have come very close to selling the whole shooting match many times and that time is looming on us now. To continue to work on the house and to afford to pay the taxes on the houses we own, I may need to sell the RB though my wife really doesn't want me to. I see no other options right now. The taxes on this house and our other house (which we will rent out once the improvements have been made to it) are more than we can afford. My wife is a homemaker and takes care of my two daughters while I work 60 hour weeks at my job, then spend hours every night working on the house. I spend as much time as I can with the kids, but that isn't as much as I'd like to.

So now my fellow RB'ers know what I have been doing for the past year. You guys know what I have. I will consider serious offers ofaround $10,000 for the RB26 and all of it's parts including the R33 crank, HKS GT2540R turbos, SDS(already tuned for the motor), OS Giken triple clutch, OS Giken Cross-mission modified RB25DET transmission, etc... The head has been ported and polished and flows 268 on the intake at .400" and has HKS springs and Blitz 272/10.25 cams. I have much more than what I'm asking in this stuff. I will consider trades plus cash for a '60's GM muscle car with matching numbers that is in driving condition but needs restoration. I've grown tired of the "JDM"-ness, and want to return to my roots.

Guest JAMIE T
If you're scared, say you're scared

LOL, right...

Scared of what? Your 240SX? That car was out of my league before I ever got started. You and I may have not always gotten along, but I know you can build a good car. Beside, you've spent more on your motor than I will ever think about.

I've had 9 sec. drag cars too. That is nothing new to me. From big block camaros to nitroused small block Mustangs. I will still build this car if no one wants to pay what I want for the motor and parts. I'm not going stop. But when it's done, it will be for sale almost immediately. I want another '64-72 442 Oldsmobile.

Guest JAMIE T

I don't want to seperate any of the parts. They only work together and would leave me with just parts instead of a complete engine combo.

Most everything is together and the only thing keeping me from finishing it is time.

Jamie - I was unaware you were undertaking this huge home re-modelling effort. I wish you luck with it and future endeavors.

I take it you received my PM..?

If you could let me know the status of the intake...I would appreciate it.

Feel free to PM me.

Regards - Yasin

I have been working on an old house since this time last year. It's a big house built in 1918 in one of our cities most historic neighborhoods. Located off the historic Monument Ave. The house has been in my wifes family since it was new. We have spent the past year restoring the home. We have finally moved in and it has been a labor of love for everyone involved. Each person who has touched the house has been a huge help and they've left being honored to work on such a remarkable house with rich history. I have spent nearly every dime we have on this home to bring it to it's current state. There is still much left to do but it is finally habitable again. The garage is equally as old and leaves alittle to be desired. It is big for the area but still small by todays standards. Remember' date=' this house was built when the first model "T"'s were being built. All exterior modifications must be passed by an archetectural review board to preserve the historic appearance. That includes simple color changes.

Car updates? Sorry I don't have any. I have two existing customer projects(Stan and Yasin have been great, and I feel real bad that they don't have there parts back yet) that have been put off by me(or should I say my wife) to finish this house. I have taken on too many projects for me to finish them timely and that is most including the house. On top of that, the garage was broken into last August and most of my hand tools, my welder, saw, sawzall, and a set of wheels and "Cobra" hubs got stolen. My insurance company has NOT YET settled that. I have been forced to buy these things out of my own pocket as I can afford it.

We did not take out a loan to do this project. The fact is, if I'd known we would have been getting this house, I would have never started the RB project to begin with. I have come very close to selling the whole shooting match many times and that time is looming on us now. To continue to work on the house and to afford to pay the taxes on the houses we own, I may need to sell the RB though my wife really doesn't want me to. I see no other options right now. The taxes on this house and our other house (which we will rent out once the improvements have been made to it) are more than we can afford. My wife is a homemaker and takes care of my two daughters while I work 60 hour weeks at my job, then spend hours every night working on the house. I spend as much time as I can with the kids, but that isn't as much as I'd like to.

So now my fellow RB'ers know what I have been doing for the past year. You guys know what I have. I will consider serious offers ofaround $10,000 for the RB26 and all of it's parts including the R33 crank, HKS GT2540R turbos, SDS(already tuned for the motor), OS Giken triple clutch, OS Giken Cross-mission modified RB25DET transmission, etc... The head has been ported and polished and flows 268 on the intake at .400" and has HKS springs and Blitz 272/10.25 cams. I have much more than what I'm asking in this stuff. I will consider trades plus cash for a '60's GM muscle car with matching numbers that is in driving condition but needs restoration. I've grown tired of the "JDM"-ness, and want to return to my roots.[/quote']

Got pictures or vids of the house?!? I wanna see some dyno sheets! Does she run 9's too!? Haha (no seriously, pictures of the house?)

Guest JAMIE T
Jamie - I was unaware you were undertaking this huge home re-modelling effort. I wish you luck with it and future endeavors.

I take it you received my PM..?

If you could let me know the status of the intake...I would appreciate it.

Feel free to PM me.

Regards - Yasin

Sent you a PM last night. Thanks for the kick in the butt.

Guest JAMIE T
Got pictures or vids of the house?!? I wanna see some dyno sheets! Does she run 9's too!? Haha (no seriously, pictures of the house?)

I have many pics. You want to see the chicken **** or the chicken salad? I don't have much of the outside. It doesn't look too spectacular. The inside is where most of the efforts have been placed. In due time, it will all come together. It's looks like a row house but it has a narrow walkway between the next house. It has windows on both sides so that indicates it was built before the other houses. The house on the corner on my block just sold for $975,000. It's right much bigger than mine, but it has no garage ;)

I wasn't beating my chest when I made that remark. If you sold the car to support the house that is one thing, but to sell the car to support another car, non JDM, that is another. Obviously it is your choice and you have your own reasons, but I don't understand why you would want to drop the project after putting in a substantial initial effort. It begs the question, "Are you scared? Then say you're scared."

JDM=Jamie Didn't Makeit

JDM=James Did Makeit

JDM=Junky Domestic Motor

I have many pics. You want to see the chicken **** or the chicken salad? I don't have much of the outside. It doesn't look too spectacular. The inside is where most of the efforts have been placed. In due time, it will all come together. It's looks like a row house but it has a narrow walkway between the next house. It has windows on both sides so that indicates it was built before the other houses. The house on the corner on my block just sold for $975,000. It's right much bigger than mine, but it has no garage ;)

Too bad Richmond is far away from Baltimore... or I'd go see it! (I'll be there this summer for 10 weeks)

Guest JAMIE T
I wasn't beating my chest when I made that remark. If you sold the car to support the house that is one thing' date=' but to sell the car to support another car, non JDM, that is another. Obviously it is your choice and you have your own reasons, but I don't understand why you would want to drop the project after putting in a substantial initial effort. It begs the question, "Are you scared? Then say you're scared."

JDM=Jamie Didn't Makeit

JDM=James Did Makeit

JDM=Junky Domestic Motor[/quote']

I see what you're saying. You have put it in a perspective that I'll have to think about. My comment about the JDM-ness is not about getting away from imports or Zcars persay. It is mostly that that sort of thing is getting over stated and overdone. The term JDM while it has positve roots has become the end-all term for ricers everywhere. My younger brother has an Acura Integra and was looking at my pile of parts one day and said, "Why are you going to use those big american sized guages? You should use the smaller JDM sized guages..." I wanted to vomit, instead I socked him on the head and told him that was the most ignorant thing I'd ever heard him say. My gauges are the standard 2-5/8" Autometer's and 5" indash tach and speedo. He was talking about the "JDM" 2-1/16" pillar gauges. I explained to him that there was no such thing as JDM sized gauges and that the ones I had fit my dash perfectly. Later he commented on the MSD wires for my RB26's stand-alone and asked why I would use american brand wires instead of a JDM set. I said WTF are you talking about? Your talking stupid **** again!

My point is the mentallity of "JDM" is ignorant. Anyway, I know it's not a good reason to sell my project, it just annoys the crap out of me. If I can come-up with some money, I won't sell the stuff. I don't WANT to sell the stuff. I'm looking at doing somemore side work to pay for some of the house's expenses like the freakin' taxes on TWO houses in the CITY. It would really suck to sell my pride just to pay "the man". An example is my old house which was my wifes and my first "starter home". It was only about 1000 sq/ft and the taxes last year were $2K. My new house is three times that size in the same city.

I don't like being punked and James, you punked me good on this one. You've made me re-think things. Whether you meant to or not, you've done me a favor. Thanks.

Yeehaaw!

About the whole JDM thing..... I understand what your brother said was totally idiotic. Tell me about it, I hear that kind of stuff all the time and it just makes me want to whale on the people who say it. I know guys who have JDM tattood on their backs. I personally know guys that worship the Japanese car culture so bad that if JDM meant painting penis's on their cars theyd do it in a heart beat.

JDM Is over rated. As long as you dont fall into that catagory (you know what im talking about) then I guess that would make you more open minded.

However, theres no reason to run away from japanese cars, Its hard to deny it, but they make dahm good cars. But, what ever works for you my freind.

I don't like being punked and James, you punked me good on this one. You've made me re-think things. Whether you meant to or not, you've done me a favor. Thanks.

When I read your response I picture a dwarf dancing around in a colorful outfit while singing happy songs. When the song is done a rainbow shoots out of his rear end. Jamie and James are once again friends.