HybridZ

Can anyone identify this car?????

Bimmerman

i believe that guy is based out of georgia. the car is black with a set of white rally stripes down the middle? with a viper style hood scoop? it was featured in an old (late 90's) sport compact car if it's the same one i remember seeing...i might have the issue laying around, it had a red fd rx-7 on the cover and said something like "street terror" on it or something...the article said it had an l28 block with a 240z head and tripple mikuni's, with some kind of crazy cam. if it's the same car. also listed his displacement at 2400cc's, so i don't know how accurate the parts list was. http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/toc/0100scc_toc/index.html

it's in this issue right here

those flares a huge, they look bigger than the IMSA to me. you can buy the IMSA online still but I an not sure they are as wide as this car. This looks like it maybe the reaction rearch racing kit.

No, definitely not one of Johns kits. It's a variant of the IMSA flares. There were two or three versions and anyone with a little talent can widen them even more.

One on this board running that RR kit? We have been looking at it and hot sure how the fit would be and how much mods are needed to install for a street car? We were thinking about getting the subtle Z front and full race rear.

I'm pretty sure that's the one that was listed on this site 'for sale' for quite a while. Don't remember who was selling it, but someone from the San Diego area. I heard the guy who bought it talking about possibly taking it on the 'Hot Rod Power Tour'.

One on this board running that RR kit? We have been looking at it and hot sure how the fit would be and how much mods are needed to install for a street car? We were thinking about getting the subtle Z front and full race rear.

Here's a link to pics of my car on Johns site. http://www.reactionresearch.com/280yz/danjuday/danjuday.html

The front fenders are a bolt-on. The rear fenders have to be filleted before the fiberglass gets bonded on. Do a search and you will find several threads here that explain how to do it right. Read them all.

I'll bet the drag is still not up to... say a G35 with a Cd. of .26-.27. The G-Nose does make the car alot more slippery though. From what I've read, a stock S30 has Cd. of about .46. Being lowered, dropping the nose, as well as covering the headlamps would help considerably, but the S30's aero-faults also lie in the windshield's rake and curvature, as well as an exposed underbody. A few underbody panels would REALLY make that car cut through the wind, but another problem is found in the sudden bulge of those fender flares.

But, I'm not an aerodynamicist, so what the hell do I know. I could be totally wrong.