HybridZ

My Buddy's Awesome Roadster Restoration..Pics

slownrusty

Is it a real 67.5 2000? Without the dash, I can't tell what year it is exactly. It's definately pre '68 as it is a low windshield. If it is a 67.5 2000, that car should be worth a pretty good chunk of change as it's in awsome condition. I really do miss my Roadster. It was pretty wicked by the time I sold it. Absolutely terrified a lot of V8 muscle cars back in San Diego with it. Here is what she was shortly before I sold her.

http://www.sdsefi.com/features/nov02fairlady.htm

I actually did get the brake swap done. Correct parts for these cars are nearly impossible to get and when you can get them, they will cost you. Mine was a '67.5 1600 with no engine when I bought it. I first had a U20 2 liter, as in the pic, then an FJ20 with Solex carbs (absolutely amazing sound), and lastly the SR20det (first in North America no less). Roadster guys are a bit odd though. They had no problem with my car when it had the FJ in it, but once I put the SR in most considered it too far. I'll admit the seats and wheels were a bit over the top, but I was younger and it seemed like a good idea at the time (how many times have one of us said that by now?) Anyhow. A stock, mostly original Roadster with 15 inch Panasports is absolute perfection incarnate. Very cool cars.

Brian

Brian - Yes the car is '67.5 U20 car. The owner of the car used to be on this board and Zcar.com as he had a very nice 280ZXT as well (sold on eBay). He is a great guy, very meticulous and has spent alot of $$$ to make the car perfect. I'm talking sealing rubbers, trim, leather re-done on dash...each visible bolt has been hand polished...yes it will be worth some bucks when finished! I tried to convince up and down to do a SR20DET swap into it, but he has recently rebuilt the U20 and had the SUs all rebuilt, brand new linkage etc etc so it was not justifiable.

Car should be up and running in about a month or so and I am going to help with the big items and be on "stand-by" so to speak.

I love the FJ and had a trick FJ22 hybrid in my old Datsun truck with 304 dur Nismo cams...at 4000rpm coming on the cam the engine was AWESOME! A sound that would make Enzo Ferrari proud!

I have gone to the Solvang Roaster show with my good friends Brian Holloway and Mike Spreadbury who both Roadster deep in their blood and its great to see these cars being restored and maintained and in many cases nicely hopped-up. Mike is now making SR20DET conversion kits, I believe, he lives and breathes them and is very passionate about them.

More to come

Yasin

Guest 69R2Kfairlady

lol, "roadster guys are a little weird though"... callin me weird?? I like tha yellow one with the sr20det. I can only dream about my 69 2000 having a sr20det.