HybridZ

Cast aluminum oil pan for RWD RB26's?

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

I'm thinking about having some cast with ribs and using the GT-R bolt flange. Anyone interested? CHFTRD has said that the stock GT-R oil pan was integral to the structure of the RB26's bottom end. I'm going to check on a minimum order and price breaks at the different points. It'll be awhile until I have a prototype since I'm alittle slammed right now, but I think it'll be worth it. It would help if I had a stock GT-R pan to work off of. Anyone have one?

I have been thinking about ways to strengthen the sheet metal pan and all I can think of is to make it out of thicker sheet and roll some ribs in it. Maybe 1/8". My flange is already 3/8" What do you think Matt?

To be honest, I think there wouldn't be enough interest to make it cheap enough.

1. There are not a lot of people dropping RB26's.

2. Probably about 90% of those are more concerned with the "26" bling than performance.

3. The 10% who do care (most of the people on this board) are not reaching for the stars where the oil pan will play a roll in block integrity (Just reaching, but figure 700+ hp).

You would probably be better off just building a sheet metal pan out of 3/16 aluminum with five or six 3/16 bulkheads.

My $.02

Guest JAMIE T
Jamie, I have a pan you can have. Just take care of the shipping. I could gut the diff assembly to save weight.

That'd be great. Gut the diff, that should save alot on shipping for sure. Let me know how much it'll cost to ship to a business 23230.

I think I'll heed the advise from Matt. I was thinking the same thing about the casting costing to much with the small volume I'd be faced with. I could easily make one of 3/16" though. It would be a hell of alot easier to weld also.

Guest ON3GO
if you are willing to get rid of the front diff' date=' i need it for a prototype LSD quaife is making for skyline GTR front diff

please let me know if you would be willing to part with it!

geoff@full-race.com is my email. thanks!

whoa full race guys, fellow pinks racers!

welcome to the site.

mike

Jamie,

Do you still have the pan i sent you with the motor? If you do and want to get rid of it let me know. wouldnt you know it. i had an AWD drive pan that sat in my garage for 2 years. one morning i cracked my knee on it and got pissed and chucked it in the trash right as the trash guys were coming by.

I have the diff out of it if anyone wants i have come close to chucking that also. whoever wants it pay shipping and its on its way. Its allready boxed up and ready to go.

Guest JAMIE T

No, I let it go with the motor I sold. The one that came WITH the motor I sold? I chucked it shortly after I got it. I figured what the hell good is this AWD oil pan in the US, right? Damn. But Stealth Z is coming through for me. We're swapping some parts.

whoa full race guys' date=' fellow pinks racers!

welcome to the site.[/quote']

thanks alot mike! we lost the pink car, but i made up for it with the CRX. im pretty psyched i didnt get wiped out by that VW tho. my grandma called after watching it and asked me to stop racing haha

I have the diff out of it if anyone wants i have come close to chucking that also. whoever wants it pay shipping and its on its way. Its allready boxed up and ready to go.

please let me know what shipping would be!! i would be very interested in grabbing it. I have gotten very deep into nissans lately and trying to collect all the skyline stuff i can so i can figure out swapping the AWD into s13/s14. We are working on a kit for the s14 but i need to collect more parts (so hard here in the us compared to overseas)

If anyone has AWD trans or any other parts please let me know! thanks alot