HybridZ

How fast am i going?

Finally getting all the bugs out of the new motor,it would be helpful to know how fast i am really going.Where is the place to order a properly calibrated speedo cable,the new car looks great,i will get some new pictures for you guys soon.I can not drive down the road without people hanging out their windows sceaming and giving the thumbs up,its pretty crazy.

Drive 10 miles down a mile marked highway. If the odometer shows 10.0 miles then your speedo is correct.

If the odometer shows 11.0 miles then your speedo is reading 10% fast, So 77 on the speedo is really 70 and 99 is really 90.

If the odometer reads 9.0 miles then the speedo is reading 10% slow. So 70 on the speedo is really 77 and 90 is really 99.

This works pretty well to figure out how accuate your speedo is. You could also drive a 5 mile run to figure it out. Get the odometer reading divided by the distance driven to get the percentage off.

I hope you did your homework in math.

• 10 months later...