HybridZ

Cars the Movie

staledale

Took my 3 yr old grandson to see Cars, it's great, loved it. Lot of little details to look for like the bugs flying around the light are vw beetles with wings, mountains in the back ground are Cadillacs. Just a fun movie to watch. Go see it. It's fun.

Stale

Took the whole family to see it. My boy has been talking about it for the last 2 weeks. I think I enjoyed it more than the kids. They got a little bored at first. Guess they didn't recognize a lot of the characters. But about the time Mater showed up they were into it.

My 6 year old boy 'took' me to see it. I was pumped to see it, but I was disappointed. I get the whole Doc Holiday analogy, but I found the movie terribly slow paced and lacking in any real action.....I enjoyed it for the little nuances as were mentioned above, but what a yawn!

....and OMFG....how quickly would Lightening's clutch have burned out trying to pull that asphalt spreader....I mean really!:shifty::rolleyesg:D :D

I loved it. The wife loved it. And the 11 year old son loved it too. We went and watched it this weekend, and will probably go again and see it when it shows at the drive in. When it is released on dvd, yeah we'll buy it.

As for the clutch burning... it's Disney. Who cares? You have got to let yourself fall into the fantasy it. I mean really, which is more believable?

1- Lightening clutch doesn't fry while pulling that asphalt spreader?

or

2- VW bugs grow wings and fly?

Either way it doesn't matter. What does matter to me is that after watching this cartoon, I have this almost uncontrollable urge to finish my 83zx and tour the length of route 66.

As for the clutch burning... it's Disney. Who cares? You have got to let yourself fall into the fantasy it. I mean really' date=' which is more believable? [/color']

1- Lightening clutch doesn't fry while pulling that asphalt spreader?

or

2- VW bugs grow wings and fly?

Either way it doesn't matter. What does matter to me is that after watching this cartoon, I have this almost uncontrollable urge to finish my 83zx and tour the length of route 66.

I was being sarcastic! Hence the row of smilies...:rolleyesg

What does matter to me is that after watching this cartoon, I have this almost uncontrollable urge to finish my 83zx and tour the length of route 66.[/color]

Haha, you know what, I've been thinking the same thing all week (and I've got a 280ZX also)! I've always wanted to do some kind of cross country road trip before I settle down, and Route 66 sure beats my original travel plan. I have the added bonus that I'm located in CA, so I get to start at the very end of the Route.

But yeah, I totally loved this movie, as much for the car guy inside jokes as for the visual appeal. I'm probably going to see it again too. Oh, did you guys make sure to watch it all the way through to the end of the credits?

• 2 years later...