HybridZ

hydrualic jack?

J__

you guys knw when u watch dtm races, cup cars, etc etc. they have this hydrualic jack thats attached to the bottom of the car and just lifts the car up by itself when the driver stops and presses a button? where can you get one of those and if its even available?

Guest 73Turbo240z

thats an air jack i thought?

which from what i understand is just 4 air ram pistons installed at locations in the car w/ air line hooked to each, plug in a air supply, car goes up, unplug, car goes down.

Just one detail to point out....Cup cars (Nextel Cup) do use hydraulic jacks and they get stuffed under each side of the car and are actuated by the handle on the jack! No air jacks on these puppies!

awesome! thats what i was looking for.

ah. so its external. i guess there is a weight to fabricate and hydrualic pump or canister of some sort to the inside of the car to make it work at "a push of a button". btw my buddie's asking this for his show car. im not goin to put one of these into the zed :D

Why not just install hydraulic suspension? I have seen '62 Impalas up about 30 inches from the ground to frame!!!

Then you have the option of lifting one, two or even 3 corners at the flip of a switch! Heck, if you need to change a tire, activate the 3 good corners and lift that puppy!