HybridZ

Feedback PleaseDo You Think My IC Needs Upgrading...Pic?

Guys - With my engine half torn out I was looking at my Isuzu NPR IC and was wondering if you think it needs upgrading?

The core dimensions are 17" wide x 14" deep (tall) x 2" thick.

The IC has 2" inlets and outlets and it is a tube and fin IC

I believe it is the mid size NPR IC model and fits beautifully in the nose of my Z

The car will never see more than 350whp (400 at most!)

So do you think I am fine?

Feedback welcomed. Here is what it looks like:

160078201.jpg

Yasin

if you ever think you want more hp, i say do it right since your redoing your motor. i saw your engine setup and like everyone says, capable of alot more. you say never over 400hp. but thats what alot of others on here said too.

espcially since it wont cost much more beucase people will buy your premade setup

your piping seems pretty big though, so even if you did. probably only need to upgrade the core

I would get one of the Spearco 2-221 , treadstone, etc.,coolers or something to the same effect. Your tubing would be shorter and seeing how you have to somewhat modify the tubes for the new turbo anyway, you may as well do it all at once. My .02!!! :)

Aaron

I think for 350hp you would want more. I have a large npr and was running 22psi with holset turbo and the inlet temps stayed below danger levels. But I know if I pushed it any more I would have had to upgrade mine. So atleast if you can trade someone or come out close upgrade to the large npr or go with a custom one.

I see my power drop through the gears on sustained boost. My I/C 10X16" fin and tube 2" thick; too small for over 400 hp, especially when weather is hot.

Charge temp climbs from 30C to 60C (128F) after run through gears and 5 sec of top gear sustained boost.

Bigger is better, especially for Bonneville car when you consider the heat capacity effect of all that aluminum.