HybridZ

Rotisserie offset??

Boy from Oz

Just about to start building a rotisserie for a 2 seater 240Z. One concern I have is in trying to find the approximate axis of rotation. I don't want to be too far out for obvious reasons. I appreciate that this may vary from 2 and 2+2 seater bodies but can someone with experience suggest how far above or below the bumper mounting points (front and rear) I should have axis of rotation?

I followed the suggestion in this thread: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=104151 and I found that my car is a little top heavy. Then I added the roll bar which made it a little worse. Still you can almost spin the car with one hand as it is, so it really isn't bad. If I were to do it again I'd go maybe 4.5" offset. I think the difference is 280 tub vs 240 tub.

As you can see in the picture below the front used the bumper mounts and attached to an adjustable offset plate. Zerrari did a good job on this and it worked well. I saw the car up on it and it moved easily and seemed well balanced.

Front_Rot.jpg

Hi

Your sure about this mount being used in the front? The bumper shock in the picture are for the rear. It would be difficult to bolt these in the front. I'am just making a point. :)

Ari