HybridZ

Ok, I really want to build a rotary now.

zero

I saw this first video of a built, slide valved non turbo 3 rotor, and i thought it sounded pretty mean, but its seems that now that the car is turboed it is an absolute monster. Check out some of these videos and search streetfire for MPS to find more. This car is insane.

Before turbo

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/mps/0/7E0692AE-B2EC-4119-9989-730E7C1A1CC8.htm

after

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/mps/0/50377B82-E4F5-4FF2-8918-EE5EAC0089B5.htm

other vids

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/mps/0.htm

Guest ON3GO

that car is just plan insane..

wow.. my mom just came in cuz she heard the video playing on my computer.. she said "why does it sound like that, is it broken?"

haha i love rotorys!

mike

ok lets shed some light on Raotaries, I did a total build up on a last generation rx-7 with my dad and have plenty of experience. 1.) The turbo boost phasing is mapped via an O2 sensor, and a MAP sensor, this causes 2 imediate problems, one, it's ineficient, two, if you add highflow exhaust and/or a high flow intake and intercooler, the computer reads this, and produces a boost spike as the secondary fuel injectors and turbo hits on a 4K RPM (a spike to full boost, 20 pounds!) and blows out the Apex seals (the sealing devices at the edges of the rotors, causing a need for a rebuild. 2.) The engines don't last long as a daily grinder, you almost never see a rotary motor over 100,000 miles, check out ebay, you'll see nmost are being sold around 60k - 100k because they are about to push out their apex seals. now they arent that hard to rebuild, but like any build, it's different in it's own way and requires some skill and attention to detail. 3.) Your tuning HAS HAS HAS to be right on the money or very close when you add performance enhancing devices to the car, if it's not it will pop to motor, and there arent a whole lot of places that specialize in rotary tuning because its quite complicated. 4.) and lastly, they are EXTREMELY vulnerable to heat, they wont just fade like a normal piston and crank motor, they will melt down, be ready, and expect to do a lot of research on what performance cooling devices are best for the motor (not even stock cuts it on an easy ride on days over 90). But they are like nothing else, all of them have a steady unbroken linear torque and hp curve that is really cool, and they are a lot of fun, but cost a lot of money in the end, and are a bitch to take care of, and forget your boost meter and tach as the most important gauges, your Temp meter is going to be the most impoortant! with all that in mind it might be a good idea to think long and hard about it. Tripple rotors with a larger single turbo are VERY capable of 500 hp and the BEST response on a moderate build so you are looking at an engine that sounds like and performs like a lemans motor if you got for it! sorry this is so long but had to put my 2 cents in