HybridZ

PREMADE 7" HID lights

Personally I'd go with a true HID retrofit. I have a retrofit on my SRT-4. I bought some Audi RS6 Bi-xenon projectors and had them retrofitted into an aftermarket headlight housing. The output is Amazing. I drove to the local canyons (Angeles Crest) and boy did the light make a huge difference. Here are some pictures:

Picture1281811671.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

Click these for a bigger picture:

th_IMG_0011.jpg

th_IMG_0010.jpg

th_IMG_0008.jpg

th_IMG_0007.jpg

th_IMG_0006.jpg

th_IMG_0005.jpg

th_IMG_0004.jpg

th_IMG_0066.jpg

th_IMG_0067.jpg

Boosted, COST?

The projectors were 150 shipped.

headlights were 200 shipped.

HID D2s bulbs/balast/ignitor $250 6k temp (local buddy sells them)

labor $275 (I can do them myself now)

total cost about $875.

If I would have got OEM hid/bulb/ballast it would have came out to right around 1k.

At the moment i'm trying to sell this retro and get another retro using the Acura TL projectors with a ZKW lens.

done by haknslash yeah? so thats how much ppl charge for the labor huh...the main issue with a retro for the zeds is the clearance at the back and it'd b pretty hard to make a huge front buldge thing like all the 7" hid lights for sale have, so its easier (and i think it looks a bit nicer to just cut out the back and try to water proof it) but if you were confident headlight covers sealed off alright you could always do a mad more modern complete headlight bucket design ;)

once you get a set its the never ending quest for the perfect ones huh? that combination u named seems to be it! just go back to stock lights then any hid retrofit is an improvement, be happy with what u have :P

btw my e46 ece's are for sale so i can upgrade to some tl's also :D

done by haknslash yeah? so thats how much ppl charge for the labor huh...the main issue with a retro for the zeds is the clearance at the back and it'd b pretty hard to make a huge front buldge thing like all the 7" hid lights for sale have' date=' so its easier (and i think it looks a bit nicer to just cut out the back and try to water proof it) but if you were confident headlight covers sealed off alright you could always do a mad more modern complete headlight bucket design ;)

once you get a set its the never ending quest for the perfect ones huh? that combination u named seems to be it! just go back to stock lights then any hid retrofit is an improvement, be happy with what u have :P

btw my e46 ece's are for sale so i can upgrade to some tl's also :D[/quote']

Yeaup Haknslash himself. And you're absolutely right about the never ending quest. lol These lights I have right now are awesome nice clean cut off with a great throw and wide beam which I find extremely useful when driving at night or through the canyons. I saw Hak's retro with his TL's and the ZKW lens and WOW cutoff was even better and so was the beam. I fell in love!

Are your e46's on a Z or another car? Do you have any pictures if you don't mind?

I haven't got a Z yet but I'm searching for one and hope to get one soon. I can't wait to start messing around with it. I'd love to do a retrofit for the car. Once you go HID you never go back! I wonder if a 3" Bi-xenon projector would fit inside the buckets. I think that would look so sexy:mrgreen:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=108098&highlight=e46+xenon and for those that dont know its easy enough to change the cut off so its flat or even for lhd cars ofcourse just by playing around with the parts...

bi-xenon would fit, i was wanting to get some tsx's and retro both the projectors and highbeam reflectors but i came across these. its hard not to just keep buying more and more bits, if i come across some tsx's for a good price i might try to do that though

• 2 months later...